Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tatoo on Friday

Options
  • 10-11-2010 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I'm getting my first ever tatoo on Friday, it's going on my right chest. I'm wondering is there anything I need to do around the area where I will be getting the tatoo? Shave hairs or something?

Cheers o/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

If you're a hirsute gentleman like myself the polite thing to do would be to shave the excess hair in the area before going in. If on the other hand you're one of these testosteroneless hairless wonders that we see on TV and advertising constantly then worry not, your artist will shave the area for you anyway no matter what you do.
    Get a good nights sleep and dont drink or do anything to thin the blood. Have a good dose of sugar too and bring some sugary drink with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Diceicle wrote: »
    If you're a hirsute gentleman like myself the polite thing to do would be to shave the excess hair in the area before going in. If on the other hand you're one of these testosteroneless hairless wonders that we see on TV and advertising constantly then worry not, your artist will shave the area for you anyway no matter what you do.
    Get a good nights sleep and dont drink or do anything to thin the blood. Have a good dose of sugar too and bring some sugary drink with you.
    Thanks a lot buddy, I'm one of them wonder hairless people hehe, save for a few on the chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I'm slightly jealous, i'd love to get a chest piece done, but i'd then have to commit to a life time of waxing to keep it visible, so it's a non runner!
    Of course being all macho and $hit is cool and all, and needless to say the ladies melt at a mere glimpse, but a small part of me still yearns for that chest piece!
    Hope it turns out well, post a pic so us gorrilas can dream!

Hehe, the all 3 hairs I have will be gone soon... 22 years gone in a few seconds... I'll be getting it done now in 2 hours. How long do you think it would be for the tatoo to heal up and show as it's ment to be, would 2 weeks be about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've a left-side chest piece myself, and am one of the non-hairy chested guys.

I call my chest hairs John, Paul, George, Ringo and Bob.

• Advertisement

Well it's done now, I'm very happy with the job she did, she good work and also very clean and gave me a nice piece of paper detailing everything I need to do to take care of the thing. Should have a pic for you guys withing 2 weeks.

P.s: Ouch it's sore enough hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Well done man!
    If you think it's sore now, wait till you're washing it tomorrow!! Ha

Quick question, am I allowed to drink or do I have to wait a few days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

You can drink yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gratz on the new tattoo matey, you can drink yeah but avoid really hot showers and make sure its moisturised constantly. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭ordinarywoman

bepanthan,bepanthan bepanthen!!!

Is the cream she told me to get, and which is the cream I have :)

I've been taking care of it like she told me too.

Advertisement