Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wigan V Liverpool 7.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Maxi and Meireles were playing useless anyway. As was the midfield. As was the team. It's the attitude and mentality that is the problem

Yeah taking them off and putting on the likes of Poulsen is really going to change that :rolleyes:

I'd rather play poor with potential on the park, than play poor with a chance of getting worse.

**edit

I fcuking hope we buy N'Zogbia. Pure class player. Imagine him having Torres ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Shelvey is having a nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Jesus Christ, slow, laboured passing and zero movement. Dreadful stuff.

Gerrard the only one busting a gut to win this

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

good ball from Shelvey there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Did anyone else see that. Poulson played a ball to a red shirt there. Shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

PFL wrote: »

At least hes fuking trying

PFL wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ref is having a stinker in this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Roy has decimated our midfield in the second have. Fcuking destroyed it.

Maxi, Meireles & Kuyt off. Poulsen, Shelvey, Eccleston on.

Jesus H christ.

To be fair, its not quite as simple as that. The Poulsen change also involved Gerrard moving farther forward - and that move was a couple of inches away from giving us the win.

But most of the players, from around 25mins on, have been shíte, there's no getting away from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hodgson will come out and hail this as a great point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rarnes1 wrote: »

???

Hodgson will come out and hail this as a great point.

haven't got it yet!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

ffs

AGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

• Advertisement

Ah bollix anyway, big chance... started from a great tackle by Poulson in fairness:(

Here's the winner

thats that

ah balls!

Well it's an undeserved point so there's your silver lining!:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Roy Hodgson

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

cant win em all, its a point towards 4th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Mister men wrote: »
    Here's the winner

It aint coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Woeful - we're lucky to get the point IMHO jaysus:(

To be fair, its not quite as simple as that. The Poulsen change also involved Gerrard moving farther forward - and that move was a couple of inches away from giving us the win.

But most of the players, from around 25mins on, have been shíte, there's no getting away from that.

Ok, complicate it all you want.

1. Meireles off for Shelvey. A seriously WTF moment.

2. Kuyt off for Poulsen. Another WTF. This allowed Gerrard to get forward, while stunting our midfield.

3. Maxi for Eccleston. Odd. Eccleston is a reserve player. He''s nowhere near the quality yet. N'Gog & Jova on the bench.

1-1. Shocking performance. Shocking managerial decisions. This was a match to elevate us to fcuking 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

ahhh well lucky to get the point after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

At least it's over. Second half was among the worst 45 minutes of football we've played all season, which is saying something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Cock !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

At least we had a proper go in the last 5 minutes, but very disappointing overall, and not surprising. So often under Evans, Houllier and Benitez we followed up great league wins with complete fook ups, and there's no reason to think it'd be different under Hodgson.

Two dropped points, but at least we're still unbeaten in 4... 10 from 12 isnt too bad. Get our act together on Saturday and hopefully get 3 points against Stoke... hopefully the Greek will be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Wigan away from home has been a bogey fixture for us for some time now.

This draw isn't the end of the world. They have beaten the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal (and us!) at the DW this calendar year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wouldn't put all the blame on Roy as some on here obviosuly would.

Players on the field were awful. If Lucas is afraid to recieve the ball in midfield then what is the point of him as a centre midfielder? Roy was right to at least try Poulson.

Now, was Raul injured? What has N'Gog done wrong? WTF?

That was slaughter. Konchesky, Carra and Srktel inspire no confidence whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Where the **** was N'Gog?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

its tough going there on a wednesday night under lights, they were up for it agaisnt a big name like liverpool, we would have lost this 4 weeks ago,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

The biggest problems were the tactics, the substitutions and the utter lack of belief.

Blame Roy 100% for all three.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Wigan away from home has been a bogey fixture for us for some time now.

This draw isn't the end of the world. They have beaten the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal at the DW this calendar year.

certainly isn't the end of the world, and Gerrards effort could easily have been the winner, but the manner of the draw and the ludicrous substitutions were more than a bit worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Abysmal performance!
    We didn't deserve that point we walked away with.
    Misplaced pass after Misplaced pass.
    When will Roy figure out that he should be playing Meireles in the centre, Kuyt out right & Gerrard behind Torres?
    Subs made zero impact on the game.
    Frustrating stuff to watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

I hope Hodgson has some defenders on his shopping list. I have no faith in Carragher and Skrtel at this stage. I dont see them consistently keeping clean sheets at all

argosy2006 wrote: »
    its tough going there on a wednesday night under lights, they were up for it agaisnt a big name like liverpool, we would have lost this 4 weeks ago,

Agree we this.

People seem to forget they have been our bogey side and have a habit of pulling off great results at home against big sides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Frustrating to watch us sit so deep as Wigan knock it about at will. Doesn't matter what level of opposition you play if you're happy to let them knock it about that much something will fall for them eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

The biggest problems were the tactics, the substitutions and the utter lack of belief.

I would add the severe lack of strength in depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Most bizarre substituations I have ever seen .
    Unless I missed something ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

argosy2006 wrote: »

The only reason we didn't lose it was Torres. Without him and Gerrard, we are worse than Wigan. And look where they are in the table.

Also, 10 points from the last 12 is acceptable.

And Martin Kelly was great again. He was main positive I took away from that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Can't believe we're back to this sh*te.

Will Roy now apologise for the blip against Chelsea on Sunday and now assure us that normal service has been resumed?

Torres was really shaking his head as he walked off the pitch....he did not look at happy at all.

I have to agree.

I thought he'd finally learned a system that was working for us, but no, back to September we went tonight.

Silly, silly substitutions tonight.

We should have been told to go out there, and throw caution to the wind and try get a couple of goals.

We were too deep, and once again, complete lack of supply to Torres because of it.

Only Gerrard looked like trying to pull us up, but everyone else seemed content to be 30 yards away from him (apart from Torres who linked up well at times).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Two dropped points, but at least we're still unbeaten in 4... 10 from 12 isnt too bad. Get our act together on Saturday and hopefully get 3 points against Stoke... hopefully the Greek will be back

A point wasn't too bad. Wigan were better. We were average all over the park and lucky to get the draw.

3 points Saturday will sort us out. I wonder will Roy last till xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

I would add the severe lack of strength in depth.

I'd be pretty sure that Martinez would be willing to swap players in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Wtf happened lads, I didn't see the game but assumed we'd hammer them after Nando scoring so early. Please don't tell me that we did fcuk all after that goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Amazing how are options in centreal defence have deteriorated.

When Sami was here I was sad for him that we had Carra, Srktel and Agger on front but thought of it as progress.

Now, for whatever reasons, neither three appear to be viable options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

I have to agree.

I thought he'd finally learned a system that was working for us, but no, back to September we went tonight.

Silly, silly substitutions tonight.

We should have been told to go out there, and throw caution to the wind and try get a couple of goals.

We were too deep, and once again, complete lack of supply to Torres because of it.

Only Gerrard looked like trying to pull us up, but everyone else seemed content to be 30 yards away from him (apart from Torres who linked up well at times).

Did we not start with the same team and formation as we did against Chelsea?

Some people are a little panicky, remember, we have a terrible squad, a draw at Wigan is ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement