Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Nov 10th - Storm Chase - seats available!

Options
  • 10-11-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I've already posted this in the storm thread but it's easy to miss there.
    I'll be driving from Dublin area towards the west coast (Achill Island / Belmullet etc) tomorrow for some extreme weather spotting.
    Currently I have 2 seats free for anyone who's interested in joining me (and another boards member).

I hope to depart around 9am and come back around 6-7pm.
    I've got the fuel covered so there are no costs here. We'll be taking it safe, we want to witness some of the forecasted extremes but we will not be taking unnecessary risks and we'll be taking a safe approach during the trip.

I'll be taking the M6 towards Galway and then head through Castlebar so I can pick someone up on the way.

If anyone's interested let me know, seats are available on a first come, first served basis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Sounds exciting but I can't go anyway please take some pictures and share them with us:)

I thinks its very cool you are welcoming people along with you. I wish to God I could go.
    Have a balst.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Thanks Jake1.
    I'm surprised there's only one chaser on the list so far!
    If anyone wants to go, it's not too late, I'll be reading the thread in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Very cool indeed that you are inviting people Winger. Sounds like a good road trip. :)
    As I am in Donegal there is no need for me to leave to look for the extremes, I have a feeling the extremes will come looking for me :) .
    Have a good day anyways and safe trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Pangea wrote: »
    Very cool indeed that you are inviting people Winger. Sounds like a good road trip. :)
    As I am in Donegal there is no need for me to leave to look for the extremes, I have a feeling the extremes will come looking for me :) .
    Have a good day anyways and safe trip.

Thanks!
    We might fly by your place if it's windy enough, what part of Donegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Heard you mention on the other thread you'd be going up that hill on Achill Is with the tv tower on it.Thats not a good move in my opinion,just not safe enough with how exposed it is,i know from experience.Go further out the island to Keel or park on the hill just before Keel and watch the show from a relatively sheltered spot for ye.Im in Galway and would be more then happy to tag along but i'll be stuck in work.I actually work not far from Galway Bay so ill be taking a stroll down there on my break to watch the show from there:).Happy Storm chasing and enjoy it:).

Advertisement