Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error Message on HKC House Alarm

Options
  • 10-11-2010 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey there - we had a power failure a few weeks back and since then a battery fault was showing up on our alarm keypad. It eventually died the other night at 3am (yes nice timing!) and the alarm went off for around 30mins before stopping and the keypad panel died also. We could smell slight burning but so slight we didn't worry but after checking the control box we found that the back of the transformer had melted slightly and a fuse had blown. We replaced the transformer today and got power back to the keypad panel. The alarm started going off again and there was no way of turning it off. First of all it said "SWRKP Feb 99 V1.4" and when we tried entering the code the msg " no Rkp Comms" keeps coming up and no lights flash there is just a constant yellow fault light on. Do you think perhaps we need a new circuit board - the little red light bulb at the lefthand side isn't alight (although I'm not sure if it should be - I'm not technical with regard to these things at all). If it's not the circuit board what else could it be? Did look this up in earlier threads but got a tad loast :) Cheers for any help in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The software crashed, power it down and restart it without the battery.
    If you still get an error message then you need a new board.
    Your best bet it to get a professional to look at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bluemoraitika

Thanks for your swift response. We'll give that a go but as you said probably the best bet is to get someone out - we were hoping to avoid the expense but I suppose peace of mind is everthing so it will be worth it to get it fixed. Thanks again.

Advertisement