Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden UK tour 2011

Options
  • 10-11-2010 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭

Belfast august 3rd. Tickets on sale November 20th. There's room for a Dublin date. Maybe there holding back to see if the Belfast sells out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Dates for the uk part of the Final Frontier tour will be announced tomorrow.

Seeing as it's unlikely there will be another another Dublin date so soon :( Anybody flying over? Is a Belfast date a possibility? Or maybe even Dublin on a week night?

EDIT: Nottingham date confirmed, 27th july. So tour is late july anyway. I would imagine it will be wrapped up before sonisphere though.

Belfast confirmed - Odyssey, Wednesday 3rd August........such a pity it's a Wed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

July

Wed 20 Scotland, Glasgow SECC
    Thur 21 Scotland, Aberdeen AECC P&J Arena
    Sat 23 England, Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
    Sun 24 England, Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
    Wed 27 England, Nottingham Trent FM Arena
    Thur 28 England, Manchester MEN Arena
    Sun 31 England, Birmingham NIA

August

Mon 1 Wales, Cardiff CIA Arena
    Wed 3 Northern Ireland, Belfast Odyssey
    Fri 5 England, London O2 Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

apoch632 wrote: »
    July

Thur 21 Scotland, Aberdeen AECC P&J Arena
    Thur 28 England, Manchester MEN Arena

August

Fri 5 England, London O2 Arena

No Dublin date then, as if 1 was slotted in either side of belfast it's be 3 consecutive nights which Maiden don't do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm happy with Belfast :) can I buy a ticket from my local outlet though and still pay in euros?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I'm happy with Belfast :) can I buy a ticket from my local outlet though and still pay in euros?
    I have bought tickets at a ticketmaster in Dublin for gigs in NI, the last time I can remember doing that was 2001 though :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Anyone know is this just a continuation of the Final Frontier tour? is there likely to be a very different setlist?

edit: Quoted from the website: “We intend to take the full stadium show into the UK arenas and fit everything we possibly can into each venue. The set list will be different to this year’s tour. Of course we will play more songs from the new album and some other recent material, but we intend to include a healthy dose of older fan favourites too for those who haven’t seen us before, plus a spectacular light show and stage set, not forgetting, of course, …Eddie!”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

scudzilla wrote: »
    No Dublin date then, as if 1 was slotted in either side of belfast it's be 3 consecutive nights which Maiden don't do

And they need a day off either side of a gig over here to get the gear to/from the Britain on the ferry

EDIT: scratch that, they're using the plane again aren't they? But the 3 nights in a row thing is still an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

If the setlist next year is good I may pop up to this... I'm guessing this arena tour makes them very unlikely candidates for Download now.

If the setlist next year is good I may pop up to this... I'm guessing this arena tour makes them very unlikely candidates for Download now.

Twickenham 08 and sonisphere 2010 they were never realistically gonna play anyway. Copping said he was gonna try and book 3 bands that have never headlined before. Maiden gave headlined like 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

JULY 2011
    Thu 21 Scotland, Aberdeen AECC P&J Arena
    Thu 28 England, Manchester MEN Arena

AUGUST 2012
    Fri 5 England, London 02 Arena

Probably more dates in this one UK tour than Iron Maiden have done in the past 15 years, and apparently it's their first Newcastle appearance in almost 20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Probably more dates in this one UK tour than Iron Maiden have done in the past 15 years, and apparently it's their first Newcastle appearance in almost 20

I thought they did extensive enough tours. Unlike some bands that only play larger cities like London, Manchester and Birmingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I thought they did extensive enough tours. Unlike some bands that only play larger cities like London, Manchester and Birmingham.

According to the Press releases I've been getting I'm told it's the first time they've played some of these cities in 30 years and that it's their most comprehensive tour in almost three decades. That seems to be what the media is billing it as.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

According to the Press releases I've been getting I'm told it's the first time they've played some of these cities in 30 years and that it's their most comprehensive tour in almost three decades. That seems to be what the media is billing it as.

Only one i can see falling in the 30yr category is Aberdeen

Yeah i thought there last arena tour, in 06 was about the same size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

scudzilla wrote: »
    Only one i can see falling in the 30yr category is Aberdeen

And even that one isn't 30 years! They last played in Aberdeen in 1990. Belfast was '96 I think and every other city was played in the '00s so take the press release with a pinch of salt.

Just got my ticket for Belfast standing. 51.59 euro.

Thats like 15 euro cheaper than it was to stand in the 02 in july and still 10 cheaper than the point 5 years ago. I really hate the 02....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭donna.s

I seen them in 2005 at the rds thought they were really good, then in 06 at the point and was really disappointed, are they putting on a better show in recent years?

donna.s wrote: »
    I seen them in 2005 at the rds thought they were really good, then in 06 at the point and was really disappointed, are they putting on a better show in recent years?

If you didn't enjoy the point show in 06 due to the setlist you wouldn't have enjoyed this years show. But next years promises to be more rounded i believe. I really enjoyed this years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Just got my tix for Belast. Alas all standing tix were gone so I'm seated in the back west stand (directly facing the stage!) **** it though, its gonna be EPIC!!! :D:D:D \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

And it was! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

blastman wrote: »
    And it was! :D

Can you give us an idea of the setlist :)

Basically this except for one track that they probably had to drop due to their location. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Had been big Iron Maiden fan for years up to Fear of the Dark album. Interest just waned after that. I don't know if it was Bruce Dickenson leaving for a while, or just the band tried to be more than just musicians who make good music i.e. they were more theatrical than musical. I did buy Dance of Death and really gave it a good listen to (I did want to get back into them again), but it didn't do it for me.

Saw them in the Point few years back, it was a bit embaressing - I had friends who weren't into the band and I thought they would be impressed. Dickenson came out with a Union Jack, and then the whole theatrical thing (pretending they were in a war scene etc.) looked so silly live.

Anyway, I shouldn't be too critical as I have not listened to their new stuff. If they had come to Dublin, I probably would have gone to the gig for old times sake. But judging from the setlist, I'm glad it didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Only relevant if Iron Maiden is playing in Ireland too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

:confused:

Sucks that the Trooper was dropped, it was probably the best song they played all night in London. I really enjoyed it, 4 of the first 5 songs were from the new album which was slow on the people who didn't know the songs. The stage show was much better than the one in Dublin in August as was the set list.

I heard something about them playing Aces High on the 5th on london? did they play it in Belfast instead of the trooper?

Trivium were spot on aswell although they had no production whatsoever. No messing around it was 3 of the new album, 2 of Shogun and 4 of Ascendancy - No crusade at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I heard something about them playing Aces High on the 5th on london? did they play it in Belfast instead of the trooper?

Nope, they just dropped The Trooper, didn't replace it with anything.

Advertisement