Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat roof leaking

• 10-11-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I have a flat roof thats been up about 20 years, its in pretty bad shape and im planning on replacing it next summer, but for now (this winter) im tring 2 make it as water tight as possible, i know i need 2 take some of the wood out from underneath and patch it just wonder what are peoples experiences of this ?? also whats the best way to patch the new felt ?

all help gratefull recieved

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

To be honest you would be better off replacing the whole roof because if it has been leaking then the sheets of wood are probably water damaged (especially if chipboard was used). I replaced my own flat roof two months ago and got it done in a day, it was only about five meters by six meters. Though if you are determined to patch it up you need a roll of torch-on felt, underlay, a torch and gas its pretty easy to torch it on just make sure to overlap the sheets! Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Niteadds

This will only be a temporary but you can get a spray on under coat( tar based ) at any motor factors. If you can find the leak on the out site cover the area of the leak with the under coat. It sets in a few min and should get you through the winter.

Advertisement