Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really crap album covers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

If you're ever heard Rage's music. They're not exactly subtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Boom_Bap wrote: »

post.jpg

Oh dear.
    I know it's movember, but c'mon Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Infamous E

Blisterman wrote: »
    If you're ever heard Rage's music. They're not exactly subtle.

Yes. I've heard their music. It's supposed to be this 'persuasive ,let's rock against the man' music.

How is the album cover supposed to be persuading anyone to rise against authority? If anything it shows they are a bit naiive. I doubt they've ever experienced or will experience what the man in that picture went through.In my opinion the aim was to hock their chessy merchendise sorry. A picture of a man being burned alive is not cool,especially one that died for what he believed in ,in such extreme circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Infamous E wrote: »
    Yes. I've heard their music. It's supposed to be this 'persuasive ,let's rock against the man' music.

How is the album cover supposed to be persuading anyone to rise against authority? If anything it shows they are a bit naiive. I doubt they've ever experienced or will experience what the man in that picture went through.In my opinion the aim was to hock their chessy merchendise sorry. A picture of a man being burned alive is not cool,especially one that died for what he believed in ,in such extreme circumstances.
    Or else they're pointing out what lengths some people go to in support of their ideals, while others do absolutely nothing at all.
    But I dunno, I haven't asked them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Hayzooz

Yawn.

Getting back to the point of the thread, instead of showing moronic googled "joke" covers of albums no one has ever previously heard of, here is one of my worst from my itunes:

Coldplay trying way too hard:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkOoyhUV1rPPkCwTmh8PD6cfJnsuKnnj-_v4xIlmaAvfulyyBM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

21538739_4.jpg

Thought this sort of funny when I saw it. Tryin out new colors. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

In the sage words of one Marlon Brando, "The horror!"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f3/Kevin_Rowland-My_Beauty.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Infamous E wrote: »

How is the album cover supposed to be persuading anyone to rise against authority?If anything it shows they are a bit naiive. I doubt they've ever experienced or will experience what the man in that picture went through.In my opinion the aim was to hock their chessy merchendise sorry. A picture of a man being burned alive is not cool,especially one that died for what he believed in ,in such extreme circumstances.

These lads spent years bandwagon jumping on conflicting causes and using imagery and second-hand slogans that make f-all sense outside of being provocative.

Sure, the lead single from the album in question was Christmas number 1, 17 years after it was released, on the same label as the song it was "raging against", they're champagne communists and renowned hypocrites so don’t let their choice of album art get to you too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Kirsten-Kennis-Vampire-Weekend-Contra-Cover-PHOTOS.jpg

REALLY do not like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

http://www.urlesque.com/2009/02/24/the-20-weirdest-album-covers-a-definitive-list/

there all here folks,especially love the christian one with the 4 guys "let me touch him":D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Metallica's Black Album was terrible. Lets get a 3 year old to draw a snake, put it in a black colour, against a darker black. Yay!

Metallica's Black Album was terrible. Lets get a 3 year old to draw a snake, put it in a black colour, against a darker black. Yay!

Look up smell the glove by spinal tap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Oh c'mon, that's hilarious because of the Movie, but the black album is just pathetic in terms of artwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

This album cover makes me weep. Shame because it's not a bad record (although the synths are a little dated).

Brian Eno and John Cale: Wrong Way Up
    51YCTNMjKuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Who could forget this classic?

Iron_Maiden-Dance_of_Death.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

first reaction was WT?! followed by WTF?! and the CG art was really crap

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mayoman911 wrote: »
    Who could forget this classic?

Iron_Maiden-Dance_of_Death.jpg

That could be the cover of "The Sims: Halloween Special".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Great album but crap cover...No Parlez Paul Young 1983

Advertisement