Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Kinect & No Plugs!!!

• 10-11-2010 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Went into Smyths to pick up the Kinect and I was informed they aren't sold with plugs (I have the older x-box) and Microsoft haven't sent them any to sell either. They also have no idea how much the plugs are going to cost and when they'll get them. Needless to say I didn't buy something that was completely useless to me. Has anyone had this problem or know where I can get the plugs???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

AFAIK, a plug comes with Kinect on its own. The Kinect console bundle doesn't have a plug as it's not needed with the new console. I don't know why Smyths told you otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

bibi1 wrote: »
    Went into Smyths to pick up the Kinect and I was informed they aren't sold with plugs (I have the older x-box) and Microsoft haven't sent them any to sell either. They also have no idea how much the plugs are going to cost and when they'll get them. Needless to say I didn't buy something that was completely useless to me. Has anyone had this problem or know where I can get the plugs???

I believe they went on sale from xbox.com a couple of days ago. Think they're around €35. I might be wrong about the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bibi1

The guy selling it open the box and there was none in it. He bought one himself and has the same problem. Seems very strange to me but can't seem to find anything online about it. Disgruntled employee I wonder....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭fudgez

This is the second time ive heard this coming from a retailer, gamestop were saying it too.

Really shocking stuff when you buy kinect on its own you get the plug, when you buy the 360S kinect bundle you don't get a plug because you dont need one...

I know this has already been said but just thought i would confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

• Advertisement

So it goes from 150 to 185. Don't think I want to pay that, might as well just upgrade the x-box and get the bundle.

So it goes from 150 to 185. Don't think I want to pay that, might as well just upgrade the x-box and get the bundle.

No for 150 you get the plug included.... cant understand the confusion about this

You don't get the plug, that's the problem. I was about to buy one but wouldn't have been able to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wot are u talkin about i bought 1 and it came with a power plug its only the 1 that comes with a bundle that doesnt have a power plug.

I'm trying to find an unboxing video to confirm but my web is going super slow... I know my friend bought one today and has had no such problem...

• Advertisement

Where did you get yours? I was in Smyths a couple of hours ago and their kinects didn't come with plugs I was told. They said microsoft are sending them to be sold separately in a couple of weeks and they don't know how much they'll cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

If by the plug you mean the actual cable which goes from electricity socket to the usb thingmagiggy I have a spare one since my xbox is the slim version.
    I bought the kinect on it's own today so I don't need it...first to pm me and who cover's the postage will get it.
    I've no intention of giving anyone my kinect :D so it makes no sense to hang onto the plug..

The guy in Smyths was wrong only explanation different shops dont get different boxes

I'll give a ring around in the morning so to see what the story is so. Strongly worded email to Smyths also I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I got mine in Smyths and it came with the power plug so it works with old xbox 360.

I'll give a ring around in the morning so to see what the story is so. Strongly worded email to Smyths also I think.

Give em hell bud give em hell

A ploy to get people to buy the bundle maybe. Does anyone know how they are selling? It's a present and I'm worried now they'll be sold out.

Just to clarify...if you buy the kinect on it's own it comes with the power plug.
    Obviously if you buy it in the bundle with the slim it won't...since it doesn't require it.
    You only need the plug if you're going to a mate's who has a non 360 slim.

I know Gamestop in Limerick (crescent ) got in 40 of them.
    34 of them were prebooked and I got in at 1pm for one of the last 6...if you plan on getting one for xmas I'd advise people to pick one up asap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

My theory is that they're taking Kinects out of the Kinect Xbox 360 bundles & selling them individualy. Doubt the Kinects that come with Slim Consoles come with a plug only required for use with the old models.

GTR63 wrote: »
    My theory is that they're taking Kinects out of the Kinect Xbox 360 bundles & selling them individualy. Doubt the Kinects that come with Slim Consoles come with a plug only required for use with the old models.

Sounds like it..I know the kinect I bought was sealed so make sure that if you buy one it is sealed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

AFAIK, a plug comes with Kinect on its own. The Kinect console bundle doesn't have a plug as it's not needed with the new console. I don't know why Smyths told you otherwise.

Ah, that'd explain part of the price saving in that bundle over buying the console and kinect separately too. Knock €50 off the total price, but leave out a €35 power supply that the separate kinect unit includes. Not that it doesn't make sense, mind

Rang the manager in the Smyths I went to buy the Kinect in, she had been told the same thing by the supervisor over the games department. She opened the box to double check and what did she find, a power supply!!! Did I get an apology or explanation, no. Hoping to still get one after work today. Nice sale tactics from Smyths!!!

Advertisement