Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moblie boardband

• 10-11-2010 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭

hey can anyone tell me is it possible to play the playstation online via a moblie boardband stick. if so how is it done. oh im with 3 moblie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'v just done the same thing, you have to have a computer or laptop near your ps3 running at the same time, and an ethernet cable running from it to your ps3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I'v just done the same thing, you have to have a computer or laptop near your ps3 running at the same time, and an ethernet cable running from it to your ps3.

do you have to change any settings or anything???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It aint great playing online,very struttering for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Snap2010

You can do that with O2 wireless broadband. Works a treat

• Advertisement

its not working at all for me. when i try connecting the ps3 it keeps saying it timed out trying to obtain an IP address. what do i do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ok questions :

What version of windows do you have ? XP, Vista, 7 ?
    Do you have an Ethernet cable ?
    Do you have your firewall enabled ?
    What antivirus do you have ?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Ok questions :

What version of windows do you have ? XP, Vista, 7 ?
    Do you have an Ethernet cable ?
    Do you have your firewall enabled ?
    What antivirus do you have ?

i have vista, yes i using a ethernet cable yea the firewall is enabled i tried it without but still wouldn't work so i turned it back on tho i might not of had the right setting. i'm using bullguard antivirus i jst noticed something else the local area connection that the platstation is using says it has limited access. would that have anything to do with it

Possibly, some people have to disable antivirus and firewall just to test to see does it work.

Another thing ive seen people do is change the IP address manually on the playstation as it picks up the same as your laptop, hence a clash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

I bought an ethernet cable today, 30ft long, and cost 30 euro. I said this whole online thing better work after that price.

Using O2 modem, I did have a few problems but eventually I got "Succeeded" when testing connection.

I just followed these instructions carefully and it finally worked:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_use_three_mobile_broadband_to_connect_my_PS3_to_the_internet_using_the_mobile_broadband

And believe me, playing GTA 4 and Uncharted 2 so far, in multiplayer, it really brings new life into the games. Great stuff altogether.

• Advertisement

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    I bought an ethernet cable today, 30ft long, and cost 30 euro. I said this whole online thing better work after that price.

Using O2 modem, I did have a few problems but eventually I got "Succeeded" when testing connection.

I just followed these instructions carefully and it finally worked:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_use_three_mobile_broadband_to_connect_my_PS3_to_the_internet_using_the_mobile_broadband

And believe me, playing GTA 4 and Uncharted 2 so far, in multiplayer, it really brings new life into the games. Great stuff altogether.

Good job well done !

Possibly, some people have to disable antivirus and firewall just to test to see does it work.

Another thing ive seen people do is change the IP address manually on the playstation as it picks up the same as your laptop, hence a clash.

how do i go about changing the ip addres i tried but i didnt know what 2 fill out the rest of the information it required

how do i go about changing the ip addres i tried but i didnt know what 2 fill out the rest of the information it required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Have you enabled the device to be shared?

Try going to Control Panel> Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center and then go to Manage Network Connections.

You should see your mobile broadband as one of the connections so right click it and click properties. Then when the properties come up go to the Sharing tab and tick the box next to "Allow other network users to use this computers connection".

If this does'nt work then get the IP address from the PS3 and open up your anti-virus software. You might need to put the PS3s IP address as safe on your anti-virus software.

Have you enabled the device to be shared?

Try going to Control Panel> Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center and then go to Manage Network Connections.

You should see your mobile broadband as one of the connections so right click it and click properties. Then when the properties come up go to the Sharing tab and tick the box next to "Allow other network users to use this computers connection".

If this does'nt work then get the IP address from the PS3 and open up your anti-virus software. You might need to put the PS3s IP address as safe on your anti-virus software.

i can get the internet connection test to work on the ps3 but when i try setting it up it wont work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Maybe it's an issue with the IP address then. I have McAfee and i had to enter my PS3s IP address into McAfee and mark it as a trusted IP address.

Also have you checked to see in the PS3 is coming up as part of a Public or Private network in the network and sharing center. If it's coming up as Public you'll need to change it to private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Get yourself the 3 MIFI or a Dovado router and plug your stick into that.

tiny timy wrote: »
    Get yourself the 3 MIFI or a Dovado router and plug your stick into that.

im using a tp link router now and it seems to do the job. i tried moving the router to higher ground(upstairs) because the 3g reception upstairs is 5 bar instead of the 3bar im getting downstairs. but when i do this it shops that my router signal is at 33% upstairs bt beside the playstation its at 80%. any ideas???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

im using a tp link router now and it seems to do the job. i tried moving the router to higher ground(upstairs) because the 3g reception upstairs is 5 bar instead of the 3bar im getting downstairs. but when i do this it shops that my router signal is at 33% upstairs bt beside the playstation its at 80%. any ideas???
    I'd say the 80% your getting may be interferance from the PS3, one thing to try and it has worked for me quite well. Might sound like a joke but run a nice length usb cable between your router and modem and place your modem in a stainless steel pot, point the open end of the pot (with your modem inside) in the direction of your providers transmission mast. What happens is, is that the cable acts abit like an aerial and the steel pot reflects the transmission signals that much stronger back into your modem. Give it a try, i was laughing at the thought of it but it does work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I'd say the 80% your getting may be interferance from the PS3, one thing to try and it has worked for me quite well. Might sound like a joke but run a nice length usb cable between your router and modem and place your modem in a stainless steel pot, point the open end of the pot (with your modem inside) in the direction of your providers transmission mast. What happens is, is that the cable acts abit like an aerial and the steel pot reflects the transmission signals that much stronger back into your modem. Give it a try, i was laughing at the thought of it but it does work.

Haha !
    Brilliant ! Better yet , try and fashion a reflective parabola and stick the modem as close to the focal point as possible . .

Good auwl geomety ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Haha !
    Brilliant ! I'm gonna try and fashion a reflective parabola and stick the modem as close to the focal point as possible . .

Good auwl geomety ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amor

Bought a 02 modem and it doesnt work in my area, now they wont give me a refund. Any advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

amor wrote: »
    Bought a 02 modem and it doesnt work in my area, now they wont give me a refund. Any advice

Think you may have the wrong forum. Try either the O2 talk to forum where you can chat to O2 employees here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1479

Or

try the consumer issues forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

Advertisement