Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB branch trouble

Options
  • 10-11-2010 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I am interested in your reaction because I am really confused about what is going on in AIB and what should I do.

I maid transaction of 332e on 20/9/2010 to another AIB account. Transaction didn't go through but receiver got the money. 332e were taken off me on 15/10/2010. That is okay. On Friday 5/11/2010 I got paid from work 450e. On same day my balance was exactly 332e lower. It was on Friday. I waited to Monday to see in my online statement if it was taken off me twice - seems it was.

I went to my branch on Monday where I spoke to accountant and I was told to come back on Tuesday. I came back on Tuesday and was told she is busy, they took my number and somebody was supposed to ring me same day. Nobody did so I went there on Wednesday and was told same. Nobody rang me again.

It still does not say in my statement why I am down money.

Although staff there was friendly they could not explain me why I am down money and accountant seems to ignore me. On Wednesday I asked for supervisor or manager and was told there is no manager or supervisor at the moment.

I feel stupid to go there again but I guess I have no other choice. I could be wrong (which I doubt, I checked every transaction in my statement so far and there is no reason to be down 332e again) but there should be somebody who would at least have a look on that.

I rang also phone banking- customer service where I was told I have to go to my branch.

For some reason they took money off me, they are not able to tell me what they did with them and nobody seems to even care.
    I am full time student, work full time job and I end up with 120e for week.

After that get fixed I am closing my account in AIB.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Don't give up. Keep going back to the branch until they help you.
    I would suggest calling for an appointment with the manager or possibly even just waiting in the branch until the manager is available.
    Those dates and amounts definitely don't make sense. AIB needs to explain this and fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

First of all branches don't have accountants. They have bank officials.

What I would do is write a letter to the Branch Manager explaining what happened and ask what they are going to do to correct the issue and send a copy to the head of customer service in the bank. Give them a date by which the issue has to be corrected. ( A week would be good)

I would also ask for a copy of the Banks Dispute Resolution process and say that you need this as you feel that after numerous attempts to get the issue resolved you may to exhaust the resolution process and involve the Financial Regulator. (Worked me on a similar issue!)

Advertisement