Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa question

Options
  • 10-11-2010 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi

I am travelling to NZ in Feb. Flying into sydney and spending a bit of time there, then taking a flight to NZ before flying back to Australia (flying out of Melbourne)
    I understand I need a visa for Australia, I will be able to fly out and back into Australia though will I?
    Am i correct in saying that I do not need any visa for NZ?
    I am only going for a holiday so am not going to be working or anything

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

sabrina99 wrote: »
    Hi

I am travelling to NZ in Feb. Flying into sydney and spending a bit of time there, then taking a flight to NZ before flying back to Australia (flying out of Melbourne)
    I understand I need a visa for Australia, I will be able to fly out and back into Australia though will I?
    Am i correct in saying that I do not need any visa for NZ?
    I am only going for a holiday so am not going to be working or anything

Thanks

For australia you need to apply for a vistors visa - see here

For NZ you will need a visa, but this will be granted on arrival at the airport, you will need to show evidence of an outgoing flight though .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

hussey wrote: »
    you will need to show evidence of an outgoing flight though .
    +1

this is important. To enter NZ, you must have an ongoing ticket to a country for which you have a valid visa for. Meaning, to get into NZ you, specifically, will need to have approved entry to Australia before you can enter NZ. It's basically a clause to make sure you leave NZ.. If you don't have approval to re-enter australia, you won't be allowed leave Australia to go to NZ.

Since you're flying to Sydney first, you'll need that Aus visa anyway. Look into the tourist visa. For NZ, i'm not sure you need to fill out any paperwork on an irish passport. Just make sure you sort out the Oz visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

Thank you both for your replies.

Advertisement