Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent Allowance and Moving ?

• 10-11-2010 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I have been renting for about 2 yrs I have been on jobseekrs allowance for about a year . Its my first time on welfare and didnt apply for rent allowance as I thought it could only be applied for if you have expensive rent.

I found a cheaper place to rent . It is dreadful. I have experienced crime including theft of property. tenants who have been evicted in the next door appartment urinating deliberately on my door , gangs of young teenage men coming up behind the house of the appartment every day in different groups at different times - all of which is alright - but the other night they broke off the mirror of my car deliberately .

I called the guards about it and contacted them since, they came , but they are alway gone when the guards come.

I need to apply for Rent Allowance as I have no savings left and am having trouble paying bills and rent.

I have a contract with these Landlord people till Feb .

it takes several weeks for RA to be sorted and approved etc .

Im just wonderig will I have to apply all over again when I eventually change accommodation.

Can I apply with the address Im moving to .

WILL THE DECIDING PEOPLE DECLINE MY REQUEST FOR RA BECAUSE I HAVE MOVED ONLY A FEW MONTHS AFTER APPLYING FOR A DIFFERENT PLACE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

pattly wrote: »
    I need to apply for Rent Allowance as I have no savings left and am having trouble paying bills and rent.

I have a contract with these Landlord people till Feb .

it takes several weeks for RA to be sorted and approved etc .

Im just wonderig will I have to apply all over again when I eventually change accommodation.

Can I apply with the address Im moving to .

WILL THE DECIDING PEOPLE DECLINE MY REQUEST FOR RA BECAUSE I HAVE MOVED ONLY A FEW MONTHS AFTER APPLYING FOR A DIFFERENT PLACE

It depends - if you stay within the same Health Board district and consult your CWO before moving it would be easier. I'd go to the CWO immediately, explain your circumstances and see what they have to say.

Advertisement