Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out of rental property?

Options
  • 10-11-2010 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

hi guys,

im planning on moving out of my current rental property soon, my lease has been up since july, called into estate agents after it was up and asked if i needed to sign a new one they said no need,
    what way does this work now how much notice will i need to give?
    im thinking of moving at end of this month if i can get somewhere will that be enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

As far as I know you're now under a part 4 tenancy and need to give your landlord sufficient notice to quit the premisis.

According to the prtb website you need to give your landlord 42 days' notice that you intend to leave.

However, have a chat with your landlord and see if they're willing to accept a shorter notice, but s/he doesn't have to.

Advertisement