Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of Garmin Favorites

Options
  • 10-11-2010 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question! Is it possible for me to life the saved favorites from one of my colleagues Garmin Sat Navs and load them up onto mine?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It is very possible, and easy!

Just connect your colleagues GPS via USB,
    Go to the /GPX/ folder, and the CURRENT.GPX file, that's the backup of the favorites, so just copy it to your desktop and plug in your GPS and copy it across!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

Brilliant! Thanks a million!

However, now to make things tricky! I've already started adding favourites to my sat nav, can I merge these files, as I presume this new file will overwrite my favourites...

Many thanks

PG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Brilliant! Thanks a million!

However, now to make things tricky! I've already started adding favourites to my sat nav, can I merge these files, as I presume this new file will overwrite my favourites...

Many thanks

PG

Extra POI Editor is just the program for that!

Advertisement