Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appliance parts direct

Options
  • 10-11-2010 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I`m having trouble getting a refund from "appliance parts direct" Clonmel. Their returns department e mail address is just showing as permanently disabled. Has anyone else been through this with them yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you tried to ring them? email is not really useful as a means of communication, especially since this is an Irish-based company.

0818 332211

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 shovelhead

Yeah, I have rang several times but I just keep getting fobbed off. They are actually a part of the UK company "apart4you".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Why are you looking for a refund? With more information, we can provide better advice.

Don`t see what difference it makes why I want a refund but its because of an excessive delay in exchanging a wrong part. Five weeks without a washing machine in a house with two babies is hard going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

shovelhead wrote: »
    Yeah, I have rang several times but I just keep getting fobbed off. They are actually a part of the UK company "apart4you".

Send your complaint by registered letter to their address in Clonmel. That way you have a record it was delivered and they can't deny it, and such paper trails tend to be ignored less.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestion but they ignored that too. Whats next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Thanks. I cant see any other way around it. I`ll give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TippDarren

Hi shovelhead,

I've sent you a PM this morning lets see if we can get your problem fixed and once again sorry for an inconvenience...

Thanks TippDarren but I am still no nearer to getting my refund, are you going to settle this or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Does anyone else get annoyed when a person joins boards.ie just to avoid bad publicity for their business........and then does nothing to help sort out the original problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Does anyone else get annoyed when a person joins boards.ie just to avoid bad publicity for their business........and then does nothing to help sort out the original problem.

Don't think they have done themsleves any favours :D

So far I read this as problem not solved, problem still not solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TippDarren

shovelhead wrote: »
    Thanks TippDarren but I am still no nearer to getting my refund, are you going to settle this or not?

Hi shovelhead,

Yes we'll get this sorted. Sorry for the trouble you've been put through.

What I need from you, is an order and or invoice number os I can identify you from our records. If you wont to PM them to me we can rush your refund thought.

Once again sorry for any trouble caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

What has happened to <SNIP>? I e-mailed looking for parts for a hob and got nada!

TippDarren, I have told <SNIP> twenty times that I do not have a copy of an invoice. How difficult can it be to trace my transaction through my name and address? The money was taken directly from my bank, I didn`t get a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

I just rang them for a refund myself, havent even got the parts yet, since their customer services is soo soooo soooo sooo poor.

a young girl answered the phone when I rang them, they don't like unhappy customers comments either even tho it was not a nasty comments, just not happy, so leaving comments for the 3rd times. see if they delete it again. screen shot attached. the young girl called her dad on the phone and he just took the order number and went.

p.s. my email don't get answered the first time, send another email 24 hrs later and get reply the following day. we don't have much money and needed to get the parts so we can wash and dry the cloths for the kids. may just get a loan and buy a new machine locally instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Thanks for heads up ,will avoid this crowd like the plague.

These people just don`t care. I ended up buying a new machine because of the delays. Definitely worth paying a few euro more to have the comeback of dealing with your local shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

I tried to call again an hour after to make sure they get my refund organize as I was told everyone was on lunch at the time I call them the first time, which was just before 3pm, it now has an auto answer menu, and you get put thru to voice mail no matter which option you select. hope we will see the refund of 150euro, its a lot of money when you no longer have a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

I used these guys in the past and was happy enough. Looks like it's time to score them off my list :(
    The power of Boards! They had their chance and if we had seen that the OP had been sorted, this thread would have died. Instead, they've chosen a great way to kill thier own business.

• Advertisement

Pity, I have actually been there and meet <SNIP> personally, just can't understand what has happened as he was totally a gentleman when we meet him.

Ahh well another one bites the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Thanks for the head up .

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

Anywhere else thats good for parts online?

Need a few things fixed before christmas to keep the wife happy :D

<SNIP>, I have already told you that I do not have my invoice number, you were able to look up my order without it back in October, why are you insisting on being difficult. I have been waiting two months for my refund, this is a joke.

SCC is the way to go so shovelhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Tried to order a part off this crowd but they never bothered coming back to me. Have used buyspares.co.uk a couple of times and found them cheaper including shipping than appliance parts.

Just to keep everyone following this informed, the lads in Clonmel just don`t seem to be bothered at all about customer complaints. I can`t get even get an intelligent response from them. I let them know that I am going to the small claims court and they were totally not bothered. Maybe they`re used to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Google_Android

This company Appliance Parts direct or Ez Spare Parts what ever they call them selfs has one of the worst costumer support and don't talk to me about <SNIP> his one of the most irratating people I've ever had the pleasure of coming across. use some one else like espares

I`ll be meeting <SNIP> in court next week, it`s the only way I can get my money back. What a nice professional company to deal with. I`ll let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Appliance Parts Direct About Us webpage :P

Advertisement