Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show on Fri 26th Nov

Options
  • 11-11-2010 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Yes folks, the time has arrived. The Late Late Toy Show will be aired on Friday 26th November...I'm gonna sit in with a blazing fire in my jammies and may even treat myself to an aul selection box...if they're still half price in Dunnes!:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

:D:D:D

This makes me so happy! I'm marking that date now so I don't make any other plans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

You mean the 26th. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

YAY! Nothing like watching the Toy Show to put you in a Christmassy mood <3

Oh how I wish Gay was still doing it >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Larkin91 wrote: »
    You mean the 26th. :D
    oops! yes I do mean the 26th, thanks!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

thats cheating magentas

no selection boxes till Christmas day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I wonder will they actually put the prices on screen this year - that would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

I know this won't happen, but it would be lovely if they went back to basics a little too, and not just have mostly electronic pieces - some of the old fashioned toys are fabulous and are getting lost in amongst the computers, xbox's etc. Would like lots of outdoorsy's type presents for kids - bikes, prams, skates, etc
    and some real presents where kids have to use their imagination, but that's probably me wishing for a time long gone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Hotaru wrote: »
    Oh how I wish Gay was still doing it >_<

Same. :(

Though in fairness, I think Tubridy did it a lot better last year than Pat Kenny ever did. I love how Tubridy subtlely takes the piss out of some of the kids and they don't even realise it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nice. Can't wait for this. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Same. :(

Though in fairness, I think Tubridy did it a lot better last year than Pat Kenny ever did. I love how Tubridy subtlely takes the piss out of some of the kids and they don't even realise it! :D

I totally forgot Tubridy did it last year! Yea, he was an improvement on Pat Kenny. Taking the piss and all the kids would just be like "Huh?" or giggle or something. So cute :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Soz*

I entered a competition today to win some tickets for the show, how I'd love to by in the audience. Who remembers John Joe from last year? Lil legend. I thought Tubridy did a good job too last year.

thats cheating magentas

no selection boxes till Christmas day.
    but aoife/sheila/kates mum let her have a selection box watching the late late toy show?!:D

Soz* wrote: »
    I entered a competition today to win some tickets for the show, how I'd love to by in the audience. Who remembers John Joe from last year? Lil legend. I thought Tubridy did a good job too last year.
    ah yes johnjoe!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ah, the toy show. Can't wait :D

I'd have always thought that selection boxes were for Christmas day and no sooner, but feck it it's not a bad idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

This means I have to watch "thou who must be punched in the face" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Oh yay! Can't wait for this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Yay:D

This is really when it feels like we are getting close to christmas!
    Tradition in our house every year to watch it with all the family!!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Am I the only one who watches the repeat on the Sunday???:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I wish Ryan would wear a Christmas jumper. Even a simple reindeer patterned one. He just wore a plain boring purple (I think) jumper last year. I mean if Pat Kenny and Gay had no problem wearing one he should too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Ah yay! I can't wait for this I can be a kid again. I hope it's good this year last year wasn't great at all.

• Advertisement

littlemis wrote: »
    Am I the only one who watches the repeat on the Sunday???:)
    yeah I'll probably watch it sunday too!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

magentas wrote: »
    yeah I'll probably watch it sunday too!:D

Yes i always notice that,when I watch on the Sunday,I see something I didn't see on the Friday....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Ooohhh I cant wait!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

We always watch this! I love the way the kids make a fool out of Tubridy and I like seeing the cool gifts in case I feel the need to ask Santa for something silly but fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

I wish Ryan would wear a Christmas jumper. Even a simple reindeer patterned one. He just wore a plain boring purple (I think) jumper last year. I mean if Pat Kenny and Gay had no problem wearing one he should too. :D

OK Pretty Pistol set up a facebook page for this to happen it will gain momentum and we can make it work!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alphie123

Hi Soz, Just wondering where the competition you entered was. I have been looking for any competition or any way of applying for tickets .........Like you how I wish I could be in the audience...a dream.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

rte website normally has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NeuroticMonkey

This means I have to watch "thou who must be punched in the face" :(

Hey! :( Poor Ryan! He is doing a much better job than Pat The Plank Kenny. Plus he's a big kid around the children on the Toy Show. Plus his ToysForTubs scheme needs to be commended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

I wish they would bring back Gay Bryne for this he was so good at it.They seem to rush all the kids now i thought Ryan would be better than the plank but noo...I shall watch again this year because i like the toys...I dont know about the RTE website ticket thing i have applied for years on end and have never got tickets for it, i ponder is it who you know

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

magentas wrote: »
    Soz* wrote: »

Nah, Mr. Junior Culchie of Ireland kicks John Joe's ass anyday!

Advertisement