Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show on Fri 26th Nov

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭midgej

Soz* wrote: »
    I entered a competition today to win some tickets for the show, how I'd love to by in the audience. Who remembers John Joe from last year? Lil legend. I thought Tubridy did a good job too last year.

Where did you find the competition to win tickets? Do you know if it's still running? I'd kill to win some :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

moonshadow wrote: »
    OK Pretty Pistol set up a facebook page for this to happen it will gain momentum and we can make it work!!!:D

I don't think Ryan is much of a fan of people from the internet. I doubt he'd bow down and wear a jumper even if a lot of people joined an FB page. Killjoy. :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hated Ryan last year myself. Adults thought he was very entertaining, but I know my little brother and sister didn't like him much at all. I know they enjoyed Pat a lot more.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Hated Ryan last year myself. Adults thought he was very entertaining, but I know my little brother and sister didn't like him much at all. I know they enjoyed Pat a lot more.

He took the piss out of the kids every chance he could in a manner that would go over the kids heads, sure it was entertaining for the adults but the kids completely didn't get it and didn't find him fun.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That's pretty much it. Kids aren't as thick as some people think though, I know the two at home 8&9 at the time, weren't impressed with the few piss-takes they did catch.

Sure we'll see how he gets on this year anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Larkin91 wrote: »
    You mean the 26th. :D

I missed that when the thread was posted, thanks.:pac:
    magentas wrote: »
    oops! yes I do mean the 26th, thanks!:o

Having Internet connection probs atm, but I fixed the date in the title for you.:)

I think regardless of who is in the chair of The Late Late, Gaybo should be brought back for every Toy Show, imo he handled it much better than Kenny or Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

lockie1983 wrote: »
    He took the piss out of the kids every chance he could in a manner that would go over the kids heads, sure it was entertaining for the adults but the kids completely didn't get it and didn't find him fun.

yeah it thought he was a bit mean to some of them, he doesnt give them a chance treats them like uhh well Im the adult here which is fine but its the toy show let them have fun and let them talk dont rush them..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Milly33 wrote: »
    yeah it thought he was a bit mean to some of them, he doesnt give them a chance treats them like uhh well Im the adult here which is fine but its the toy show let them have fun and let them talk dont rush them..

I have to agree any of the segments with the kids felt very rushed and unsincere last year, which is a shame as some of the conversations with the kids are hilarous if they are given a chance to shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

does nobody else think its too early. almost a month before christmas,way too early to have decorations up and sit in for a christmassy night

my kids didnt like it last year at all not enough toys and too much talking for their likings.

samina wrote: »
    does nobody else think its too early. almost a month before christmas,way too early to have decorations up and sit in for a christmassy night

my kids didnt like it last year at all not enough toys and too much talking for their likings.

As a previous poster pointed it, its to promote toys and give parents a chance to get the toys and pay for them, so in that sense it makes sense being on so early, I don't ever remember it being later than the first friday in December so it isnt that early really.

• Advertisement

As a previous poster pointed it, its to promote toys and give parents a chance to get the toys and pay for them, so in that sense it makes sense being on so early, I don't ever remember it being later than the first friday in December so it isnt that early really.

true though parents know long before that toy show that they have to pay for the presents :D its just that i always put my tree up for the show and i refuse to put it up in november

true though parents know long before that toy show that they have to pay for the presents :D its just that i always put my tree up for the show and i refuse to put it up in november

Ah go on put it up, its only 4 days off December sure!! :D

Ah go on put it up, its only 4 days off December sure!! :D

if i put it up this early it would drive me mad by mid december and id take it down

dont think the kids would like that :eek:

sod you anyway you have me considering it:o

if i put it up this early it would drive me mad by mid december and id take it down

dont think the kids would like that :eek:

sod you anyway you have me considering it:o

Do what we do for the Toy Show, put up your tree and some big things for the toy show and then over the coming weeks start slowly putting up the rest bit by bit, that way you don't get sick at looking at the same thing for over a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

whats the point of doing it on christmas week when all the toys have alrready been bought. thats what christmas films are for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Apparantly he's agreed to wear a festive jumper, honestly I couldn't give a fiddlers if he wears one or not I don't believe it impacts the toy show at all, the toy show should really be about the kids and the toys of course! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

Woop woop two days to go, can't wait! It's a Christmas tradition. ^.^

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

My boy is on the show tomorrow. Dream come true, can't wait!

PauloMN wrote: »

Ah wow how cool is that, we will be cheering him on!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Wish him good luck for tonight :).....we will all be watching and wondering which boy he is, now :)...Enjoy the night yourself.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Just overheard a conversation,between my husband and son.the father was looking at pictures of guitars,and the son said ,ah dad why torture your self you know you will never afford one...His father replied.... Whats that son a bit like you torturing your self by wanting to watch the late late toy show....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I don't get it... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

He must of wanted to watch the Toy Show but too proud to say it because he is a "big" boy now :D It's so funny:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

littlemis wrote: »
    Wish him good luck for tonight :).....we will all be watching and wondering which boy he is, now :)...Enjoy the night yourself.:)

He had a ball, I was a bag of nerves! Can you guess which one he was? :)

He had a ball, I was a bag of nerves! Can you guess which one he was? :)

Was he the lad playing with all the Star Wars toys?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Anyone know what happened to the supposed repeat for today? I skyplussed it only to end up with Jessica Fletcher and the Apprentice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Was shown on RTE2 after the Rugby.

Was he the lad playing with all the Star Wars toys?

No, he was the lad that came in on the pedal racer and had the remote control cars. :)

• Advertisement

corblimey wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened to the supposed repeat for today? I skyplussed it only to end up with Jessica Fletcher and the Apprentice.

They really messed up today as the EPG still showed it on RTE1, at least they could have updated the EPG so that the new time and channel was reflected. It was the same on the terrestrial digital EPG - wrong time and channels. Lots of messed up recordings today. :(

Advertisement