Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for shoot location suggestions in Galway

Options
  • 11-11-2010 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a fashion student in Galway working on a shoot for a college assignment. I have my photographer friend from Cork coming up to do the shoot for me but I need to organise a location and being new here I don't know where to begin.

My shoot is themed 1950s/60s and is sorta inspired by mad men/betty draper. I had hoped to do it somewhere like the G because of their interesting and lavish decor however they charge venue hire and I'm too broke at the mo' to afford that. I'm hoping someone who knows Galway better can suggest an interesting location that may suit. Must be in or around the city.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

In or around the city, plenty of places in Galway city to shoot. Once its a dry day even in Ayre square around that fancy old hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

what date (just so I know that I'm posting too late)
    Maybe the Hotel Meryk (spelt incorrectly) on Eyre Square. Plush hotel, a lot of black so might be what you're looking for.

Advertisement