Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want paid gigs??

• 11-11-2010 2:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Any bands looking for paid gigs get in touch and we can discuss everything. Looking for all genres from rock to metal to pop to punk.

Everyone is welcome!.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Please give more details.

Where are you based? etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Please give more details.

Where are you based? etc.

sorry based in dublin run my gigs in the likes of the think tank twisted pepper james joyce bar leagle eagle and the pint.

Running all ages and over 18s shows.

Been running shows for about a year now with good results so if anyone wants a slot just pm me here with a contact number your name and your band name and i'll be in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Bands & Musicians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 1808

Do bands have to pre-buy tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

1808 wrote: »
    Do bands have to pre-buy tickets?
    ...Oh no ...don't tell me that ****e is going on :eek: Thought it couldn't get any worse than Pay to play !!!!
    OP what are you paying bands to play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭srvhead

Anyone get a reply to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭niall1976

Not a word!

Sorry lads been up to me arse in college assignments.... Basically the band on the night will get the headline slot and i would ask ya's to supply backline. If anyone wants to know money details Pm me with a contact email and your name and band name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 1808

Hi OP

I have a few questions but I think they'd be of benefit to every one so thought I'd just ask here instead of PMing. Hope that's cool.

Do you have a myspace, facebook or website?
    What's the venue?
    What other bands have you worked with?
    How is payment arranged? Is it based on the amount of people the band brings in, do bands have to pre-buy tickets or do you just pay bands per gig?
    What kind of attendance would you typically expect at one your events?

We are a new indie/alt, Dublin based band and have just started gigging.
    You can listen to 1808's music on facebook. We have a van so there wouldn't be a problem with providing a back line if necessary.
    You can email us at 1808band@gmail.com.

Cheers,
    Fionn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 Paul3point14

Hey, I sent you a PM but just in case you didn't get it

We are Subject Matter, a Dublin based band that have been playing gigs for a couple of years now. You can check us out at http://www.subjectmatteronline.com/

Anyway can you send us some details about the shows you plan to put on please? We would be very interested in playing them.

Our e-mail is subjectmatteronline@live.ie

Thanks

Jim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭groovemerchant7

Yeah!! blah blah bit of professionalism would be nice amonst peers

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭groovemerchant7

Just saw your promoting the legal eagle...big money there you time waster

Just saw your promoting the legal eagle...big money there you time waster

I haven't done any promotions for them, ever. I've stopped doing this for the simple fact that I was busy with college I had to be handing in assignments left right and center and organizing and promoting gigs for bands wasn't on the top of my list of priorities. Sorry if I didn't reply to any emails I did try to reply to all of those who emailed asking about details for this. But due to the fact that i'm going to be even busier next semester with college these gigs are likely to be very few and far between. I would like to thank everyone for showing a interest in this and I am sorry if you feel your time has been wasted.

Evan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Sorry if I didn't reply to any emails I did try to reply to all of those who emailed asking about details for this.

Why could you not have put all the details up on the initial thread :confused: That certainly would have saved a lot of time.

Advertisement