Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please...

Options
  • 11-11-2010 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Am going to OZ early Dec for a month and am wondering what would you guys think as regards buying a prepay sim over there or just go with O2.I am on billpay by the way.

What options are available down under????

Thanks in advance

Also would it be safe to bring my macbook with me.Hear alot of stories bout hostels???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Dont know about other networks but everyone in my apartment is on Vodafone. $10 for the sim then I got a $29 top up which gives you $150 call credit + $150 Vodafone -Vodafone calls too.

Some people I knwo have laptops in hostels, saidthey have a locker andjust just bought a little lock toput on the door of it. Said there safe enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Enzo_V12

Ive been here for 11 months, vodafone is definately the way to go, think you can buy sim cards for as little as $2 now. The only other option is Telstra, its good to have a telstra card if your planning on going anywhere remote because the vodafone signal is only good in built up areas, not a chance of reception with vodafone once you leave a town or city. The only bad thing about Telstra is that they are alot more expensive to call overseas. Your credit last longer with vodafone.

As for bringing you mac book, I bought a laptop over here last december, lots of people have them and ive heard no stories of them getting robbed from any hostel ive been in. There should be lockers in you hostel room, just bring a little combination lock with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Slunk wrote: »
    Dont know about other networks but everyone in my apartment is on Vodafone. $10 for the sim then I got a $29 top up which gives you $150 call credit + $150 Vodafone -Vodafone calls too.

Some people I knwo have laptops in hostels, saidthey have a locker andjust just bought a little lock toput on the door of it. Said there safe enough.

You can buy a Vodafone sim for $2 in woolworths (super market chain)

OP - prob better off (cheaper) getting a sim over here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Get a sim here. I would recommend Vodafone/Three (same company) unless you plan on spending a lot of time rural. Even then it may be best option.

Advertisement