Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig image removed

Options
  • 11-11-2010 9:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

My sig image was removed. 450x100 pixels, 18kb. I've restored it because I can't see what rule it's breaking.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

conolan wrote: »
    My sig image was removed. 450x100 pixels, 18kb. I've restored it because I can't see what rule it's breaking.

Sigs may contain a simple text only link to other websites, including a business (i.e. www.mysite.com - no images), but a disguised link (i.e. Come buy really cheap electronics here, we're having a huge sale, come on down!) or an image banner to that site is not allowed.

Thats the rule that you're breaking. Read more here

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Then the appropriate response would have been 'sig2 big'.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Strange how you got notification that your signature was against the rules but you decided to put it back again?

koth is correct. You may not have an image advertising your website, only a link.

Where in the rules does it say about an image advertising a site?

koth has kindly quoted the correct rule above.

• Advertisement

The rule is at the very least ambiguous. That line refers to links, and the word banner is used in the context of a link.
    an image banner to that site
    However, if it's your intention that the rule on images should read
    Images: Images totalling up to 500 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 30k in size. No animated images are allowed. No images advertising websites I'll assume that the rule is thus.
    My sig image has been changed.

I'm not happy with that image as it still directs the viewer to your subtext link, therefore it's directly associated with the website.

Then check out this - irishkop.com
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055955594

Your rule is ambiguous, and your intrepretation of that rule is ambiguous too.
    I suggest the best solution is that you re-instate the last image.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Sigs are removed/edited by Admins as they are reported by users so I'd imagine there are users who haven't been reported yet.

Irishkop isn't advertising a business, it's just a link to another message board.

And Komplett-Tech:Ryan is an official company account, and AFAIK pay for that service. It probably also allows for them to have a business ad in their sig.

EDIT: blacknight is also an official company account.

If you can read this, you're too close!

I'm not advertising a business. It's a proposal.

If dingatron and Nava still have their images promoting websites tomorrow, I'll assume I'm OK to have mine.
    Or is it the case because they've been members for 7 and 9 years that they have privileges I don't because I've only been a member for 3 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

conolan wrote: »
    If dingatron and Nava still have their images promoting websites tomorrow, I'll assume I'm OK to have mine.
    Or is it the case because they've been members for 7 and 9 years that they have privileges I don't because I've only been a member for 3 years?
    Or maybe, just maybe it's because Gordon has a life and job outside of here and hasn't seen your complaints yet?

Hi there, I got your reported signatures on the signature forum and have actioned them, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Thanks conolan I meant to remove that a while back you've saved me hassle.

Advertisement