Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black ops broke my ps3?

• 11-11-2010 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

hey lads,
    i have a 250GB slim ps3 since last december. it has been working perfect up until i bought black ops for it, i put game in downloaded 1.02 update and started playin as normal everythin was fine.
    so i turned it off to watch a match on the tv and after the match turned it back on again only this time i got a error message.
    the ps3 seen the disk shows black ops in xmb with the picture of the soldier in the background, however when i press x to start the game i get AN ERROR HAS OCCURED DURING THE START OPERATION (80010514)
    i have tried everythin, first i thought it was the patch so deleted it and tried again,nothing, then i deleted the little bit of saved data i had from campaign mode, nothing, so i started it in safe mode and choose rebuild file system and horray i got in.
    then when i stoped playin and went back to it i got the same error again.
    the annoying thing is every other game plays fine no problems at all i tried uncharted 2 and fifa 11 it worked as normal. it only seems to give error on black ops. i brought back the game for another copy with no joy, i even did a full system restore which took 14 hours to do and it still wont work on black ops.

has anyone else had this problem with black ops

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Can you try with another black ops disc by any chance?

You may have a bad disc. Although in saying that, when playing the campaign, mine was freezing quite a bit

I'm using a slim btw

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭diddly3000

Tallon wrote: »
    Can you try with another black ops disc by any chance?

You may have a bad disc. Although in saying that, when playing the campaign, mine was freezing quite a bit

I'm using a slim btw
    i brought back the disk to smyths and changed it for another brand new one, still have the problem.
    i rang sony and aranged to get a new 250 GB slim from gamestop cos its still under warranty til december. but will take at least a week for gamestop to have a 250 GB model ordered in because their not been sold anymore:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Well thats good news anyway :)

yep it is, im training as a I.T technician at the moment, and this thing has just mystafied me lol and its killing me that i cant figure out what it is or why only black ops wont work on it

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

Black Ops broke your PS3 even though you can play other games on it etc? and you are in IT?

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Kingpin187 wrote: »
    Black Ops broke your PS3 even though you can play other games on it etc? and you are in IT?

LOL

Good shout ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭gstar

my bro also having issues with black ops. every other game working perfectly. my own disc has been tried in his ps3 and no joy. both his and my discs work fine in my ps3.

The problem seems to be if it loads at all after selecting the game from the XMB is that it gets very pixelated, and the pic shudders when trying to load. it also doesnt seem to be accessing the HDD (orange light not flashing!) so i thought it might be a corrupted file on the hdd - we have done rebuild database and the file restore (three times) and same problem. i have no idea what the problem is with it, its actually driving me nuts trying to solve it so i was sort of glad to see someone else having black ops issues (sorry OP) cos im not convinced its the ps3 itself is the problem.

First night we got the game he got about 3 games in before it froze between the game ending and going back to the lobby, ever since then he is lucky to get one game at a time.

the latest issue is that when it tries to load its just hanging on the black screen before the intro starts. Im going to give him my old hdd to reformat for his ps3 to see if this works, hopefuly it will.

Anyone got any ideas or anyone else having issues would be good to hear of them!

now that i am looking into this a bit more it seems to be a prob affecting some people's ps3 (although not all) i can say for my own ps3 the only issue i have it poxy matchmaking/lobby/lag/connection drops etc.

here are two threads from the ps3 support user forums

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Black-ops-freezes/td-p/11824229

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/Is-COD-Black-Ops-crashes-anyones-ps3/m-p/11832982

there is also a similar thread over at treyarch but surprisingly their servers are too busy to let me recall the message (lol) so if i eventually get into it i will post the link

Edit: finally got onto the forum, here is the link

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=314379&sid=t4sbri4jej0kgfjf4dnpioidd3

OP if i were you i wouldnt be too rushed about replacing your ps3, my money would bet on it that its not the machine but some buggy programming combined with certain ps3s

Kingpin187 wrote: »

LOL
    black ops only works if i keep takin disk out and puttin it back in, thats the only way to get it workin takes about ten attempts to get it goin once it starts its fine. how do you know if im on it or not anyway?
    gstar wrote: »
    my bro also having issues with black ops. every other game working perfectly. my own disc has been tried in his ps3 and no joy. both his and my discs work fine in my ps3.

The problem seems to be if it loads at all after selecting the game from the XMB is that it gets very pixelated, and the pic shudders when trying to load. it also doesnt seem to be accessing the HDD (orange light not flashing!) so i thought it might be a corrupted file on the hdd - we have done rebuild database and the file restore (three times) and same problem. i have no idea what the problem is with it, its actually driving me nuts trying to solve it so i was sort of glad to see someone else having black ops issues (sorry OP) cos im not convinced its the ps3 itself is the problem.

First night we got the game he got about 3 games in before it froze between the game ending and going back to the lobby, ever since then he is lucky to get one game at a time.

the latest issue is that when it tries to load its just hanging on the black screen before the intro starts. Im going to give him my old hdd to reformat for his ps3 to see if this works, hopefuly it will.

Anyone got any ideas or anyone else having issues would be good to hear of them!
    my ps3 does the exact same accept my ps3 doesn't freeze when its in game once i actually manage to get in i leave it on all day and works perfectly. even if its not the ps3 i still want to get new one for free while i can, simply because iv bought 3 ps3's so far that all seem to break a month or 2 after warranty is up.
    i swear to god i think sony put a tickin time bomb inside every ps3 to break after a certain time lol.

[QUOTEeven if its not the ps3 i still want to get new one for free while i can, simply because iv bought 3 ps3's so far that all seem to break a month or 2 after warranty is up.
    i swear to god i think sony put a tickin time bomb inside every ps3 to break after a certain time lol.[/QUOTE]

that is bad luck! ah well hope it works better on the new one you get. im afraid it looks like so many are having the problem that you may end up with same issue again. i know for sure my bros ps3 is fine except for playin black ops so im holding out that they are going to issue a patch of some sort for the apparent compatibility issue

• Advertisement
Advertisement