Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

callan boxing club

Options
  • 11-11-2010 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

what a pleasure it is to read of the achievements of the callan boxing club and the new wonder boxer miss claire grace, jimmy walsh and colleagues must be delighted. Long may it be,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ladyswell10

Hi
    I was recently in Callan, Kilkenny for a look of the areas where my ancestors came from back in early 1800's. I was put onto a man by the name of Jimmy Walsh who is possibly a distant relative. My husband and I spent a couple of hours with Jimmy Walsh discussing the Walsh family from Kilkenny. I am trying to find an address for Jimmy so that I can write to Jimmy and thank him for his hospitality, and to just keep in touch in the hope that he is a living Walsh relative. Jimmy did say that he would go to the local parish and look into the names on the parish registers to try and find some more information for me. I gave Jimmy a copy of my Walsh family tree for him to check out at the parish.

If anyone reading this message knows Jimmy Walsh, I would really appreciate it if you could show him this message and maybe ask him if it is ok to give out his home mailing address so that I can write to him.

Regards
    Dianne Bates
    batesd11@clear.net.nz

Advertisement