Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gort & Crusheen Bypass Opens Tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rashers10

So is the official opening just a ribbon cutting thing or will actual road users be allowed on it tomorrow?
    I'm going to Limerick from Galway tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

rashers10 wrote: »
    So is the official opening just a ribbon cutting thing or will actual road users be allowed on it tomorrow?
    I'm going to Limerick from Galway tomorrow evening.

According to Clare FM the official ribbon cutting is at noon and the road will open thereafter
    Of course I would assume that the contractors were planning on doing a few final bits & pieces today which is not going to happen given the current weather conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rashers10

Yeah I was just thinking that this storm might hold it back a bit. I won't count on it so..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Here's hoping it opens! Heading to Limerick myself tomorrow afternoon. It'd be great not to have go through Gort anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

:DGort? ...that crazy old town....
    what with all it's witty signs
    such as
    "Gort is our town one entrance let's it down"
    and various other campaign posters about the state of their roads , biking to work instead of driving etc.
    does anyone feel that one entrance is actually one too many?
    I jest of course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Opened - Opinion

Barefield to North Gort in about 10 minutes booting it, coming back I slowed down to 100km/hr, bout 13-15 mins id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Opened - Opinion

Barefield to North Gort in about 10 minutes booting it, coming back I slowed down to 100km/hr, bout 13-15 mins id say
    Whats booting it in your opinion?120km/hr?ha ha:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

Hi. Just reviving this in search of opinions on how much time to allow from Galway (Galway Clinic) to Ennis using the new road? I haven't used this road yet and need to be in both Galway and Ennis with not much time to spare around lunchtime wednesday. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Henrib wrote: »
    Hi. Just reviving this in search of opinions on how much time to allow from Galway (Galway Clinic) to Ennis using the new road? I haven't used this road yet and need to be in both Galway and Ennis with not much time to spare around lunchtime wednesday. Thanks

You'd be door to door in less than an hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Thank God for all the new roads, tunnels and towns that have been by-passed. It is the only thing IMO that makes the "Celtic Tiger" hangover a bit more bearable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

buck65 wrote: »
    :DGort? ...that crazy old town....
    what with all it's witty signs
    such as
    "Gort is our town one entrance let's it down"
    and various other campaign posters about the state of their roads , biking to work instead of driving etc.
    does anyone feel that one entrance is actually one too many?
    I jest of course
    Gort is one of the those really quirky places. I have great memories of buses of us decending on the place during my student days. I remember one of the pubs, I think it was Kilroys, where ladies had to go upstairs and use the family bathroom, it was hilarious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I live in the sticks near Crusheen but work in Limerick in Annacotty I can now be at work within 45-50 minutes.
    In them olden days before the Ennis bypass and Limerick tunnel I reckon it would have taken me three days...

Advertisement