Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Router & Apple Home Sharing

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I am in the same boat re Apple TV and the Zyxel modem. None of the links for the fix are working, either here on the eircom support site. If somebody could advise I would really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I'm afraid I had to swap the router to get it working correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Has any one got Home Sharing to work after using the Eircom config file?

I followed their instructions and I still cant get my Apple TV to recognise that home sharing is switched on on the PC. I got it to work twice and both times playback just stopped on the Apple TV and I couldn't get back into it.

Can anyone recommend a router that will work with no hassle and Apple Home Sharing. Don't anyone mention Linksys because the one I was trying to use is every bit as bad as the Zyxel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 diarmuidb

Hi all,

I bought an apple tv today and have the same problem (using P-660HW-T1 v3) Streaming from the web to the apple tv is fine but can't get content from iphone / mac onto the apple tv.

Rang eircom and was emailed the patch immediately. Unfortunately its not working. I think it may be that apple have just released the 3rd generation of the tv and god knows what they've changed.

From the conversation with eircom, it doesn't sound like there's anything they can do except give the current patch that they have from Zyxel.

So ... does anyone know what modem would work???

D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

diarmuidb wrote: »
    Hi all,

D

Well after I tried the Eircom fix and had zero success I plugged in my Linksys WAG120N again which initially worked and then stopped working again.

Anyway I got in touch with Cisco and they told me how to do their fix. The first step in this was to assign a static IP address to the Apple TV. I'm not sure if this will help with the Zyxel router issue but I'm sure it can't do any harm.

So far it seems to be ok since I did what Cisco said but I'm not 100% confident with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 steo.kelleher

diarmuidb wrote: »
    Hi all,

I bought an apple tv today and have the same problem (using P-660HW-T1 v3) Streaming from the web to the apple tv is fine but can't get content from iphone / mac onto the apple tv.

Rang eircom and was emailed the patch immediately. Unfortunately its not working. I think it may be that apple have just released the 3rd generation of the tv and god knows what they've changed.

From the conversation with eircom, it doesn't sound like there's anything they can do except give the current patch that they have from Zyxel.

D
    can anyone post the firmware update please just to give it a try,

i cant get airplay to work atal on my eircom internet, might just bin it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bmguinness

I bought new apple tv last week and can't get to work with my iPad, have the ZyXEL load of scrap....can anyone recommend a router that will hav no issues with several devices connecting to it and using an open nat for gaming console?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpt1980

bmguinness wrote: »
    I bought new apple tv last week and can't get to work with my iPad, have the ZyXEL load of scrap....can anyone recommend a router that will hav no issues with several devices connecting to it and using an open nat for gaming console?
    I bought an Apple Airport Extreme, works pefectly with Apple TV 3, iPad 3, iPhone 4S, XBox 360, Wii, PS3, 3DS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I am using an old Eircom netopia (grey not silver) - since I started using Airplay I am having to randomly restart the router due to wifi going down (cannot access router config page over wifi).

Anybody else experience this? Time to get a new modem/router?
    Also does having a wireless n router have a big difference to airplay performance?

Thanks,
    Keith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

Eureka.....Spent 3 hours trying to solve my Apple TV home sharing situation.....it had never worked and i had tried many times before to get it to work.

Searched all the apple forums and they had me doing all sorts of stuff but nothing worked.

Then i saw this forum and it led me to this link;

http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=110&E=0000000000023497773&K=9400&Sxi=5&Case=obj(11806)

Edit: the above link does not work, follow it and type apple in the search bar that opens up, this will bring you to a step by step process to address the conflict between apple home sharing and the eircom modem.

the password that i got from somewhere else is: broadband1

It was all down to the router.

Can now share RTE IPlayer from my phone to the TV....the joys.

As an aside it took a while to take...restarted Iphone & Ipad and also turned home sharing off in Itunes, then go to the edit tab on itunes and selected preference, then sharing and select all libraries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Perfect! That worked for me! Thanks!

Advertisement