Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading RAM

Options
  • 11-11-2010 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi All, I am new to computer stuff but have been advised to upgrade my RAM on my desktop pc. I am trying to find out what to buy but still not sure. I ran the scan from Crucial to assess what I had and needed, below is a copy of their findings. Can anyone point me in the direction of what I need to purchase, ddr1 or ddr2 to upgrade and how much RAM should I buy?
    Many thanks.
    The following is a list of what our scan was able to detect:
    System Manufacturer: Foxconn
    System Model: AWRDACPI
    Motherboard Manufacturer: Foxconn
    Motherboard Model: P4M890-8237

Your Computer Specifications

512 MB
    DDR PC2-5300
    EMPTY
    EMPTY
    EMPTY
    · Maximum Memory Capacity: 2097152 MB
    · Currently Installed Memory: 512 MB
    · Available Memory Slots: 3
    · Total Memory Slots: 4
    · Dual Channel Support: N.A.
    · CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
    · CPU Family: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz Model 4, Stepping 9
    · CPU Speed: 2793 MHz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Hi. Buy another 3 512mb sticks of DDR PC2-5300. Stick them into the three empty slots and you will have 2g of ram then.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Thanks Barry, can I just buy a 1gb stick and put it in one of the empty slots or do I need to buy 512 mb memory only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Glenalla wrote: »
    Thanks Barry, can I just buy a 1gb stick and put it in one of the empty slots or do I need to buy 512 mb memory only?
    Yes. Just buy a 1gb stick and stick it in next empty slot.;)

Advertisement