Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best walikng App for the iPhone.

Options
  • 11-11-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

There are a few walking apps available for the iPhone and other phones, measuring speed, distance covered, calories...

Has anyone bought any?

My experience with apps is they are either awe-inspiring genius or just total and utter $£!%@.

I know they're only cheap but well ya know how it is.....

Thanks Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I use Runkeeper for running and cycleing, it covers loads of activities but not sure if it'll take into acount height climbed. Never used it for walking but find it great for the others, I always figured rip through the battery using the GPS for hours on end.

Off topic but I found a great app called OS Convert, it uses the GPS to give either Irish or UK grid reference's, find it very handy when on the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Gillo wrote: »
    Off topic but I found a great app called OS Convert, it uses the GPS to give either Irish or UK grid reference's, find it very handy when on the hills.

Sorry OT but thanks Gillo, just downloaded the OS converter app, looks good. I didn't realise there was such an app available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Yeah, I was surprised to find it, maybe not as good as a Garmin etc. but a he'll of a lot cheaper also handy for anyone traditionalists who prefer a map and compass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Poster_Man

http://www.viewranger.com/

This is one of the "awe-inspiring genius" apps your looking for oldscoil!!

It provides full OS maps linked to your phones gps. The software is extremely powerful and gives more functionality than many stand alone gps sets you can buy. The only downside is mobile phones aren't waterproof!! :o

Id advise you to get the OTA token pack which lets you download map tiles as you need them, its the cheapest and best option.

Oh and they have recently added an iPhone version!

Advertisement