Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 3- Score Challenges! Ver. 3.0.2

Options
  • 11-11-2010 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Usual rules apply. Song goes up here, you get a week to reply with your score. Dark Onion or Calex will then post up the winner. Please don't feel you can't enter because you're playing on a lower difficultly, this is only a bit of craic.

How do you enter? You only need to post up your score in spoiler tags. That's all we need.

So, for our second challenge... I think it's time to move onto keyboards, and more specifically Pro Keys. At least as many people as entered last weeks comp as have keyboards, so we have the numbers... let's hope we have the interest. It would be all too easy to go for Bohemian Rhapsody, but instead I've chosen: (80's cheese classic)

This week's score challenge

Sister Christian - Night Ranger - Pro Keys

So, get cracking! Note that this is Pro Keys, not regular keys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

is anybody taking this on? any real life keyboard/piano players finding this easier than the rest of us? :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Oh, I'll def. be putting a score up. Just wont be a very good one, my keys skills pale in comparison to the other plastic instruments. :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Oh, I'll def. be putting a score up. Just wont be a very good one, my keys skills pale in comparison to the other plastic instruments. :P
    have you had a go yet at all? i'm workin through the lessons, mastered the first three sections, and two other easy parts, but putting it all together in the song is still tough as hell!

Yeah, this is one of the songs I've played a lot of times. I can make a good attempt of it on Hard, and a poor attempt on expert. Unfortunately I am RB3-less for the week, so my score will have to go up on Sunday!

Hard: 93,939

Surely a few people have that beat! Come on lads, get some scores in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah nuts totally forgot about this one :o

I'll get cracking this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Set this score before the challenge as it turned out...

Set this score before the challenge as it turned out...
    difficulty?

Adam wrote: »
    difficulty?
    Hard I think, maybe expert? So this challenge was a disaster then.

Not your fault. Lazy people hanging around this forum. I AM DISAPPOINT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Not all of us have keys yet ;_;

i started learning it on expert, after nailing about four sections i had a play through and got about 43k, didn't have the heart to post it :(

although since nobody else seems to be doing expert i might give hard a shot tonight!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Not your fault. Lazy people hanging around this forum. I AM DISAPPOINT!

I was enslaved to Fallout: New Vegas for the last month :D clocked 150+ hours on it :eek: Had a few go's of this this morning. Boy do I suck at keys I'm around the
    mark for this song so have a bit of practice to do yet :o

181,286 expert, 93%
    obviously this score doesn't count, but I wanted an expert score down on record. Good for 53rd in the world too.

181,286 expert, 93%
    obviously this score doesn't count, but I wanted an expert score down on record. Good for 53rd in the world too.
    i'm going to guess you have some prior experience with a keyboard? :)

Played keyboard for about a year when I was 12. Haven't played in the last 15 years though. Guitar on the other hand... plenty of experience there. :D

Took another run at this , disastrous :mad:

Played keyboard for about a year when I was 12. Haven't played in the last 15 years though. Guitar on the other hand... plenty of experience there. :D
    jaysus, how long did you spend learning this so??

Adam wrote: »
    jaysus, how long did you spend learning this so??

Not long tbh. That was my 3rd/4th attempt at expert. That said, I've done nothing but play Pro Keys in this game. The lack of sharps/flats is what makes Sister Christian doable. In contrast, I can't even pass Antibodies on hard :(

Soooo then, who wants to set up the 3rd challenge!? :)

• Advertisement

Results:

burning eclipse 181,286
    d4rk onion 93,939
    calex 30,257 :(

1st to start a new thread called Rock Band 3- Score Challenges! Ver. 3.0.3 gets to call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Where's the next challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

allanb49 wrote: »
    Where's the next challenge

Anyone can start one - why don't you think of the next one sure? :)

Konata wrote: »
    Anyone can start one - why don't you think of the next one sure? :)

What she said :)

Allanb49 just start a thread called Rock Band 3- Score Challenges! Ver. 3.0.3 if you want to choose a challenge go for it.

Advertisement