Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locksmith or handyman?

Options
  • 11-11-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Our double doors leading to a little balcony (Charlesland Park duplex) do not close properly. There are two interconnecting mechanisms, one near the bottom and one near the top of the door, which are supposed to lock into place when closed. However, it is only possible to "close" one or the other. I can't figure it out and need help. Obviously, something isn't aligned properly or warped or something. Should I call a locksmith? Or a carpenter? Handyman? Any local recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

You should contact Munster Joinery and have someone out to fix them. We had a problem with the doors (caused by myself because I didn't oil them!) but while he was there he also fixed a draft and changed one of the windows. I had to pay the €60 call out fee and the rest was covered under our guarantee. You should ensure that your windows have been varnished though because that is the first thing they asked me over the phone to make sure I have maintained them properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Loopers, thanks for that. It never would have occurred to me that doors and windows would have after-care services from the manufacturer, and since they were installed when I moved in, I had no contact with them before. Just rang for a call-out appointment.

Advertisement