Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiators upstairs fooked

• 11-11-2010 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Here my situation.

All the room downstairs are very warm, the master bedroom and ensuite upstairs are all working okay. Two radiators in the both the kids room are stone cold. I have tried all sort, releasing the value to release any dirty-ish water out but to no avail. Want to sort this out ASAP.

Question is that perhaps all pipes leading to the cold rooms are fooked, would the house insurance will cover to fix any underlying expensive problem??:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

We had a similar problem with upstairs. I don't know what the correct wording is of the solution but basically it was something to do with a pump in the attic - it had to be slightly moved - a plumber came in to do it - he was only there for a few mintues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mammy1975

Really, thanks for that! We had a plumber here the other day and he reckons we need new pipes from downstairs to go upstairs which is very very obvious an expensive job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

If I remember correctly it was something like a ball-cock (but it wasn't that) - but it was as simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mammy1975

I googled Ball cock faulty radiators..and i got this http://www.gasman.fsbusiness.co.uk/system_basics.htm

and i got this -Sometimes the ball-cock sticks so the expansion tank is empty, this will cause the highest radiators to go cold or more commonly the cylinder to go cold, especially on gravity hot water systems.

Wonder if it that simple???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Possibly.

Are you using a vented system?
    The rads that aren't heating, are they the highest ones in the house, or are there higher ones that are heating?

• Advertisement
Advertisement