Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange transaction from daft.ie on my credit card

Options
  • 11-11-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭

I am registered on daft but I've never placed an ad and I've certainly never given them my credit details. I was checking my credit card transactions online last night and saw a charge for €12.50 from "DAFT.IE GOLDEN LANE CIR". I emailed them straight away asking how they have my credit card details and what the charge is for I but haven't heard anything back yet. I also rang my bank this morning and they said as far as they can see its a legitimate transaction. I was advised to contact daft.ie and if they weren't willing to resolve it then the bank will sort it out. The bank also said it might just be that they mixed my credit card details up with some elses, surely thats impossible with 16 digit card numbers, security codes, expiration dates etc?? Has anyone ever had anything like this happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you've never given them your credit card details, then there's no way that they could have accidentally levied a charge against you. The most likely things here are:

1. You've been charged for a service which you requested from one of daft's subsidiaries/associated companies (boards.ie could be included in this)
    2. Someone else is charging daft.ie services to your card

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭rameire

have you ordered a boards deal
    they are the one and same company.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

rameire wrote: »
    Indeed, this one, perhaps?

Maybe PM Gordon to advise him that it would be worth adding this little detail to the Deals FAQ to avoid confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

rameire wrote: »

I believe the boards deals checkout points that out somewhere, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I believe the boards deals checkout takes great care to point that out, too.

And the penny drops, I'm an idiot!

• Advertisement
Advertisement