Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Misfits Season 3 **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

But if he dies in the past he will be dead in the future....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Ian_K wrote: »
    Because future-future-Simon came back in time in future-Simon's timeline, and future-future-future-Simon came back in time in future-future-Simon's timeline and so on................

Later in his life the current Simon will become a ninja and go back in time to save them all over again, and that will happen again and again, i presume theyre going to show us how Simon travels back in time?

It looks like they're using the same playbook as Doctor Who did with River Song (ie the Time Traveller's Wife Conceit) - where the time-travelling is fixed and doesn't change anything, and for the players involved at least there are no forked paths or multiple possible outcomes.

If that's the case, Future Simon always came back to save Alisha's life and died in the process. It's not "coming back to change the past", it's "coming back to make the past happen in the same way it did when it was the present". Think the Terminator 1 model of time travel, rather than Terminator 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Simon can now turn other things invisible by touching them when he's invisible?? Thats kind of a big deal
    Was he ever not able to do that though? If he can't make objects invisible with him then wouldn't his clothes stay visible?

With regards to FS dying, the way I see it is that since this is Simon's past he remembers the interference by Superhoodie and later learnt he had to become Superhoodie. So he would lived through everything present-day Simon has, will have a relationship with Alisha, become Superhoodie somehow, realise he can't have what he has with Alisha if she had died that day, goes back and sacrifices himself so his time line stays the way it was...or something. I started out with a clear idea and then confused myself.

If it's really really wrecking your head just think 'Wibbly wobbly time wimey,' works for Doctor Who.

If it's really really wrecking your head just think 'Wibbly wobbly time wimey,' works for Doctor Who.

Like i said a few posts ago :D

angelll wrote: »
    Like i said a few posts ago :D

Did you? Didn't see that. Great minds I suppose...=P

Unless his vision showed the future including the interference by simon...as that has to happen...kinda. It's all wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff :D

I did,lol. Can't wait for the xmas special either. Misfits is also having a xmas special,am i right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Did anyone here watch LOST, well there was a thing there (cant remember the details exactly) but they had to go back in time to detonate a bomb which they thought would destroy the island but ended up partly causing them to crash there in the first place, so it always had to happen

Like it was said there, its a case of going back in time to cause the current timeline to turn out the way it did, current Simon HAS to become superhoodie in his future and will do everything that future-Simon did for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Was he ever not able to do that though? If he can't make objects invisible with him then wouldn't his clothes stay visible?

I dunno now, but being able to turn other things invisible surely could have come in usefull before now?
    The clothes thing would really proove anything because practically all invisible-turning guys do that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Anyone know how soon they'll have this episode on 4oD?

• Advertisement

I did,lol. Can't wait for the xmas special either. Misfits is also having a xmas special,am i right?

You are. Think they're the the two bits of XMas telly I'm looking most forward too...and I watch a lot of Xmas tv.

Was just thinking, why has Simon suddenly stop recording videos on his phone? I mean he was never without it last series and when the probation worker visited his house he had loads and loads of DVDs he recorded himself, it wasn't some new hobby, he must have been doing it for a few years at least. I know it's no longer relevant to the plot but I think it's a bit sloppy to never mention it again. Even the extra videos on the site aren't recorded by him any more. Okay that became a bit of a rant..my bad.

From what we've seen,he certainly uses a camera! The amount of pics on his wall...

I dunno now, but being able to turn other things invisible surely could have come in usefull before now?
    The clothes thing would really proove anything because practically all invisible-turning guys do that

True. Now I think of it, it has come in useful before. When they stole the probation worker's car last season, he snook into her office and took the keys from pretty much right beside her. Simon was visible to us at the time though so it wasn't immediately obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I loved tonights episode, thought it was quality. the video game guy was Ian's boyfriend in Shameless, knew I recognised him from somwhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Still not up on 4od :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Frisbee wrote: »
    Still not up on 4od :(

It is! I just finished watching it.

• Advertisement

How come I cant see it? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It is! I just finished watching it.

Still not there for me :confused:

On the C4 website it says "Brand new Misfits - now on 4oD" but the link just carries you to the misfits e4 website :mad:

I can see it! Weird

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FkjJyZo3l8

Is it possible that we have a Back to the Future style scenario, where the photos of the future change depending on the actions in the present? It's likely that Alisha was to die then, but FS stopped that from happening. Yet because he somewhat imprinted the thought of going to Las Vegas into her head, that is now what they'll do in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Why did future simon have to die? He could have brought a gun and shot gta guy in the face. Actually now that I think about it why didn't present simon just go invisible, walk into the building and stab gta guy in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Why did future simon have to die? He could have brought a gun and shot gta guy in the face. Actually now that I think about it why didn't present simon just go invisible, walk into the building and stab gta guy in the face.

He told Alisha Simon becomes the man he is supposed when she falls in love with him,so coming back and falling in love with her then dying,will probably make Alisha want present Simon...or something to that extent. Time travel stories wreck my head!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tvnutz wrote: »
    Time travel stories wreck my head!

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

I was expecting him to have to die at some stage, so there wouldn't be two simon's around, since he probably can't go forward in time. Does this mean alisha will take over his job as well? Since he gave her the keys, and there's still clocks counting down. Quite a few more questions I have too, need to watch it again I'd say.
    (Spoilered for those waiting for it to go up on 4od)

It's showing on 4od on youtube for me too, just finished watching it.:confused:
    Maybe it's cos of the demand for it, twice as many people watching it now as there was last year.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The time travel thing is handy enough, as they go. There's no alternate futures. There's one timeline, it's just that Simon's life loops around in it. Everything clicks together neatly, there are no loose ends.

Terminator 1 timetravel, as somebody said above.

At some point, Simon is going to realise he's going to have to be Superhoodie, and in doing so, he'll realise he's going to have to die, so I'm guessing that's why Future Simon mentioned being so unhappy after he finished community service. One other thing we know for sure now is that Simon can't die for the remainder of the series. He has to survive long enough to get shot. Obviously, none of the others know that, but maybe Alisha is going to cop on at some stage. It could be useful to bear in mind next time they're in a communally life-threatening situation.

I only noticed, the orange hoodie Alisha was wearing was the one he was wearing on the BMX when he rescued Nathan last series.
    basquille wrote: »
    The guy who sees everything as a computer world dresses like Nico Bellic from GTA IV.

Right down to the fingerless gloves, which was a nice touch. Was the spit of him.

Thought this Misfits started out pretty weak, but the conclusion was terrific. Does feel like a waste of Future Simon to have spent so much time on him only to have him killed off by an annoying villain of the week. Hooray for Nathan showing some figurative guts at the prospect of showing some literal guts, too.

They've still got the money, haven't they?

Thing is that SuperHoodie isn't necessarily gone. He just hasn't been realised yet by Simon. I can see him making a reappearance at some stage in the future, er, of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭not1but4

Loved the GTA theme and when Simon wasnt strong enough to slide the case of to the guy.

FYI the song at the end is Massive Attack - Paradise Circus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think it's only a matter of time until they become a super hero team and fight crime it's obvious Simon wants that as he was all up for stopping the video game guy from the start and also the vision of Curtis in the future as a superhero

Do they necessarily fight crime though? I can see them leaning towards being Villains, well Nathan any way. I can see Curtis and Simon vs Nathan and Kelly, with Alisha possibly being dead.

I think it just goes to show how excellently well written, directed and acted Misfits is that we're having this conversation and not getting annoyed by any of it. We all seem to enjoying the confusion/debates surrounding it.

Anyone see the trailer on e4 for next week's episode?
    They're all wearing superhero outfits. Prank? Another escapade like the GTA thing? Going to have to watch it again before I decide what I think about FS dying etc.

• Advertisement

Good spot, allandanyways.
    Do they necessarily fight crime though? I can see them leaning towards being Villains, well Nathan any way. I can see Curtis and Simon vs Nathan and Kelly, with Alisha possibly being dead.

Alisha has to survive long enough to get to Vegas - or somewhere that looks like it - to be in that photo. Anything that Future Simon has witnessed has to happen because it already has.

I can imagine Nathan being a criminal, rather than a villain. He's an arsehole rather than a monster - he's happy enough with a bit of petty twattery, and big "victimless" crimes like a bank robbery, but I don't think he wants to get anybody killed or anything. I mean he volunteered to get dismembered this week.

Sorry mods, didn't realise I had to spoiler trailers. Won't happen again! :)

Good spot, allandanyways.

Alisha has to survive long enough to get to Vegas - or somewhere that looks like it - to be in that photo. Anything that Future Simon has witnessed has to happen because it already has.

I can imagine Nathan being a criminal, rather than a villain. He's an arsehole rather than a monster - he's happy enough with a bit of petty twattery, and big "victimless" crimes like a bank robbery, but I don't think he wants to get anybody killed or anything. I mean he volunteered to get dismembered this week.

Apologies, I meant more a criminal than a super villain.

Is it possible that it happens now, because of changes he made in the past, but it didn't happen in his version of the future before he went back in time. Or something.

Also when they took out Hippie's heart and other organs, I thought they were going to notice some abnormalities in it and this is what begins the process of the Misfits becoming the ASBO 5 in the future, as seen in FS's video.

Is it possible that it happens now, because of changes he made in the past, but it didn't happen in his version of the future before he went back in time. Or something..

I don't think Future Simon made any changes though, if his past had originally been different Alisha would have been shot by GTA guy (are we ever given a name?) and they never would have had a relationship. As someone said above, he didn't travel back to change the past, he travelled back to make the past happen. I know it's quite confusing but just go with it, if you try figure these things out you just get a headache.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Is it possible that it happens now, because of changes he made in the past, but it didn't happen in his version of the future before he went back in time. Or something.

Not with the Loop Of Time logic they've used so far - there has only ever been one past, where Superhoodie travelled back and died to save Alisha, and there will only ever be one future where Simon becomes Future Simon and learns how to travel back.

Now, Curtis has a different version of time-travel, in that while he can't take anyone with him (as far as we know) he can alter the sequence of events. So since Curtis has known Simon since he developed his time-rewinding power, it's possible that Curtis could intervene and change events.

Long post ahead with photos of Curtis' flashforward

Photos taken from spoilertv.co.uk.

Lets take a look at what Curtis saw and try to figure out if they've all happened. From my understanding:

Tattoo guy:
    25kor3b.jpg
    x1hkp0.jpg
    x4rw9h.jpg

GTA-guy:
    313q629.jpg
    9s6lpi.jpg
    2rm3vc5jpg.png
    vxag0.jpg
    257q1d0jpg.png

Ones that I'm not entirely sure about, but possibly GTA-guy.
    jicnzm.jpg
    dd2429.jpg
    6zqw44.jpg
    34jelnk.jpg

It seems like the majority of things that Curtis saw has happened already, which is the untampered with timeline before FS got involved.

Anyone see the trailer on e4 for next week's episode?
    They're all wearing superhero outfits. Prank? Another escapade like the GTA thing? Going to have to watch it again before I decide what I think about FS dying etc.
    They're going to a fancy dress party.

They're going to a fancy dress party.

Possible spoiler:
    So Curtis' flashforward where he is a superhero was misleading then? Way to confuse the viewers!

One thing I don't understand, and maybe it's just because I haven't watched enough time travel sci-fi stuff, but why are ye suggesting that present day Simon will die eventually? I would have thought something along the lines of:

Present day Simon lives his life, Alisha dies and that makes him return to the past to stop that happening. But FS isn't present Simon, he's the future version of what happens if Elisha dies. Therefore if Alisha dies, why would present Simon die in the future if FS died in place of Alisha? The timeline will have changed and FS won't have to come back to save Alisha. Ergo Simon won't have to die in the future?

I would have thought that saving Alisha means that the timeline is fixed, and things that went wrong have been fixed. Now that things have been fixed, there will be no need for Simon to come back to fix them now that FS has already done that.

edit: apologies, I apparently can't get enough of the word fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GTA Guy: Where's Conti?
    Nathan:*points at Simon* Oh, that's him, he's a right Conti.

Had me in stitches. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Johner wrote: »
    GTA Guy: Where's Conti?
    Nathan:*points at Simon* Oh, that's him, he's a right Conti.

Had me in stitches. :)

Yeah that was excellent. I found the part when he knocked down the auld one hilarious too.

Possible spoiler:
    So Curtis' flashforward where he is a superhero was misleading then? Way to confuse the viewers!

One thing I don't understand, and maybe it's just because I haven't watched enough time travel sci-fi stuff, but why are ye suggesting that present day Simon will die eventually? I would have thought something along the lines of:

Present day Simon lives his life, Alisha dies and that makes him return to the past to stop that happening. But FS isn't present Simon, he's the future version of what happens if Elisha dies. Therefore if Alisha dies, why would present Simon die in the future if FS died in place of Alisha? The timeline will have changed and FS won't have to come back to save Alisha. Ergo Simon won't have to die in the future?

Unless something happens in the future we don't know about, Alisha never dies in Simon's lifetime. Present Day Simon only knows that Superhoodie rescued her - someday, he'll realise that's him, and he'll know that he has to take steps to be there to take the bullet.

So Present Day Simon doesn't get to skive off. There's only one Simon. Alisha is saved, but only because, in the future, he will go back to do it. It's Simon's "destiny" now, fixed and rigid. No matter what, the choices he will make in future are exactly the choices that will put him in between Alisha and GTA guy - can we just call him Niko?- in this week's episode.

When Alisha asked him if she was going to die, he told her he's not going to let that happen. Initially, it sounded like that was his intention, he had come back to try and change the past - now we know that it was simply a statement of fact. He won't let that happen, and he's come back to meet his fate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Future Simon's ghost could still influence Nathan's actions... if he listens - and Nathan wouldn't notice if he was talking to a ghost or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I KNEW
    Curtis was in a costume in the flashforward,
    even posted it here :cool:

I lold at Nathan's "Hey, fcuk you!" to new guy's ghost, and that's a handy second power he has there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Poor Super Hoodie/ Future Simon I totally adored him and was so shocked at how it played out I really thought he would be in more episodes. :(

Ha, that's a good point.

One thing I'm wondering about Future Simon's time travel - Hippy Douche gave Nikki his power along when he involuntarily gave her his heart. Would make sense for Curtis to want Simon to save Alisha, so maybe he gave Simon something of his? Blood etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Ha, that's a good point.

One thing I'm wondering about Future Simon's time travel - Hippy Douche gave Nikki his power along when he involuntarily gave her his heart. Would make sense for Curtis to want Simon to save Alisha, so maybe he gave Simon something of his? Blood etc

Could happen - they might all end up with a mish-mash of each other's powers or something...

I'm confused... If Future Simon is present Simon, does that mean that when present Simon gets to the point where he time travels, there will only be one Simon left (in the past) or will he disappear out of the world altogether. Will he live out what "Future Simon" went through, disappear from the world and die? Apologies if that's a convoluted way of expressing my thoughts!!

It seems that Nathan can only see the spirits of people he was directly in contact with, such as his brother, the icegirl and hippie. Nathan never met Future Simon, so I doubt he'd see them.

It seems that Nathan can only see the spirits of people he was directly in contact with, such as his brother, the icegirl and hippie. Nathan never met Future Simon, so I doubt he'd see them.

I assumed the spirits could choose whether to be visible or not to him and that's why he's only see three so far but your explanation makes a lot more sense.

Future Simon is still Simon just..from the future so technically he has been in contact with him.

The whole Nathan seeing dead people thing confuses me though. I hope it's explained properly at some point; him being immortal doesn't exactly explain it, they're basically two different powers.

RibenaHead wrote: »
    Could happen - they might all end up with a mish-mash of each other's powers or something...

I'm confused... If Future Simon is present Simon, does that mean that when present Simon gets to the point where he time travels, there will only be one Simon left (in the past) or will he disappear out of the world altogether. Will he live out what "Future Simon" went through, disappear from the world and die? Apologies if that's a convoluted way of expressing my thoughts!!

Yeah, at some point in the future, Simon is going to disappear out of his world altogether, and then travel back to the past to be Superhoodie. Then the past will have two Simons, and the future will have no Simons. No Simons at all!

Simon himself will only ever live and die one life. He will do his community service, he will fall in love with Alisha, they will go to Las Vegas together, he will at some point become aware of what he has to do, he will get really good at free-running, he will time travel, and then he will die from a gunshot, in our time.

Unless something happens in the future we don't know about, Alisha never dies in Simon's lifetime. Present Day Simon only knows that Superhoodie rescued her - someday, he'll realise that's him, and he'll know that he has to take steps to be there to take the bullet.

So Present Day Simon doesn't get to skive off. There's only one Simon. Alisha is saved, but only because, in the future, he will go back to do it. It's Simon's "destiny" now, fixed and rigid. No matter what, the choices he will make in future are exactly the choices that will put him in between Alisha and GTA guy - can we just call him Niko?- in this week's episode.

When Alisha asked him if she was going to die, he told her he's not going to let that happen. Initially, it sounded like that was his intention, he had come back to try and change the past - now we know that it was simply a statement of fact. He won't let that happen, and he's come back to meet his fate.

[FS = Future Simon, PS= Present Simon, GTA= GTA guy]

Is there then a gaping plot hole in the fact that FS claimed that Alisha was going to fall in love with him yet Alisha was supposed to die during that confrontation with GTA? So when exactly was she supposed to fall in love with PS, when she's only just broken up with Curtis?

This is where I think other posters have been right in questioning FS's motives for coming back. Why does he want to save her when they haven't fallen in love by the time she dies? Has he come back to manipulate the past and hence, manipulate his own future.

For example:

(Assuming Simon is more calculating than we're presently lead to believe) Alisha is with Curtis, PS apparently has no direct feelings towards Alisha (aside from thoroughly enjoying the blowjob he got from her/shapeshifter girl). Alisha dies. PS lives on and somehow ends up being able to travel back in time. FS said that he was miserable after the Community Service ended, so FS sees this as a chance to change his past to make his present better. So he comes back and changes what happens to Alisha and plants the idea in her head that she and PS are going to end up together therefore making his scenario a bit more to his liking in the future. PS and Alisha end up together la la la la.

Why would PS/FS be on a continuous loop? Is the purpose of time travel not to go back and change a significant event in the past to reshape the future, so FS would only have to travel back once?

I have to say, I haven't been into anything Channel 4/E4 have made this much in a looong time. Fair play to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement