Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firsr Digital Camera - Easy to use.

Options
  • 11-11-2010 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Looking to purchase the folks their first digital camera for xmas.

has to be easy to operate, they will mainly be just pointing and shooting.

anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

I have a Casio Exlim for the last few years. Its very easy to use and you can just point and shoot or use the other features when you get used to it. It has a lithium ion battery and holds its charge well. 3x optical zoom. Takes decent pics.
    flower pic taken during lastyear freezeup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Cheers, basically i want something without all the options and dials that might get pressed and confuse them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

brightkane wrote: »
    Cheers, basically i want something without all the options and dials that might get pressed and confuse them!

A friend of mine has the same problem. But with any camera you will get the up/down left/right arrow selection. On/off and menu buttons etc. it can be confusing.

What ever camera you get show them the basic buttons that they need and get them to practice taking a few photos until they can remember only the buttons they need. And remind them to use the camera fairly regularly so they don't forget how to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

yeah i guess show them how to use it and reset it / turn on and off if they get into trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭CH3OH

A couple of good Canons on Amazon.co.uk
    A3100 good camera around € 100 delivered
    or Ixus 105 ( sligtly more controls) around €115 delivered with 10% off until midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,462 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Best small compacts are Casio Exilim, next up the line are the Canon Powershots, don't look at anything else. For what you've described I'd say go for the Casio Exilim.

Advertisement