Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting a Safe?

Options
  • 11-11-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions of a courier company or otherwise who could transport a safe from the city centre to Limerick? I don't know the weight (probably about 140 kg but I could be waaay off) but it's 46cm x 48cm x 55cm.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I say one the man with a van ads is your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Are you talking empty or full of moola?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I thought I told ya just to blow the bloody doors off!

I'd say it's heavier than 140Kg though

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭trailbiker

dave1982 wrote: »
    I say one the man with a van ads is your best bet
    It'd have to go through the books which might be a problem for a 'man with a van' but worth asking around anyhow. There'd also be health concerns if he didn't have proper equipment for the loading and unloading of it.
    Are you talking empty or full of moola?
    Empty. Just deposited the loot in to my a/c and sent a cheque off to NAMA for the purchase of the Elysian :eek:
    Poly wrote: »
    I thought I told ya just to blow the bloody doors off!

I'd say it's heavier than 140Kg though
    Well I can just about curl 145kg in the gym with my little finger but I struggled to lift this safe with it so this is what I'm basing my estimate on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

trailbiker wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions of a courier company or otherwise who could transport a safe from the city centre to Limerick? I don't know the weight (probably about 140 kg but I could be waaay off) but it's 46cm x 48cm x 55cm.

Thanks.

are you an amateur bank robber?

• Advertisement

are you an amateur bank robber?
    A very very amateur bank robber..
    trailbiker wrote: »
    It'd have to go through the books

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Thats going to cost you quite a bit of money to move if you go with the main couriers.Also because of the weight most of them will only deliver it to the door so you'll have to find a way of moving it around at its destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭PSKdesign

I can recomand you a polish guy with a van, I have found him on gumtree and availed of his services a few times, he is quite ok in pricing. his name is Pawel and his nr is 0857536372. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

You could advertise the job on www.shiply.com for free.

Matches you with rated delivery firms "going there anyway"

It mainly used for moving stuff in/out and around the UK, but an Irish company might see the add or a UK company delivering to Cork and Limerick. Some companies always on the look out for jobs to keep their trailers full or to make money on a return journey. You would put photos and dimentions in your add and transport companies bid on the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I take it, it didn't go to well Trailbiker:D

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1114/atmraid.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Is everybody that gave a suggestion now an accessory to attempted robbery?

Can't write much.. internet access pretty restrictive from behinds the bars... had to this iphone smuggled in.. cavity searches aint as thorough as they used to me I guess.. thanks for all the help.. didn't quite go to plan though as you all know by now..

Advertisement