Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden: Odyssey Arena, Belfast - August 3rd, 2011

Options
  • 11-11-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

It's up on the MCD site.
    Goes on sale Saturday 20th November.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Full UK tour:
    JULY
    Wed 20 Scotland, Glasgow SECC
    Thu 21 Scotland, Aberdeen AECC P&J Arena
    Sat 23 England, Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
    Sun 24 England, Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
    Wed 27 England, Nottingham Trent FM Arena
    Thu 28 England, Manchester MEN Arena
    Sun 31 England, Birmingham NIA

AUGUST
    Mon 1 Wales, Cardiff CIA Arena
    Wed 3 Northern Ireland, Belfast Odyssey
    Fri 5 England, London 02 Arena

Fanclub presale starts Monday.

Hopefully I'll make Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff and London.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

think I'll head along to the belfast date, the dublin gig was ****in amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Strongly considering it, the lads always put on an awesome show. Won't ruah to buy tickets though at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm very much in the "want to hear the old stuff" camp. Saw them in the o2 for the first time this year, loved it but would have preferred a more "greatest hits" type show or at least a bit of something from the older albums as opposed to just a small handful.

This quote from Steve Harris makes me REALLY want to go: “We intend to take the full stadium show into the UK arenas and fit everything we possibly can into each venue. The set list will be different to this year’s tour. Of course we will play more songs from the new album and some other recent material, but we intend to include a healthy dose of older fan favourites too for those who haven’t seen us before, plus a spectacular light show and stage set, not forgetting, of course, …Eddie!”

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Will definitely head along to this. The Dublin gig this year was nothing short of amazing and the same at Wacken. Can't wait!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I'm very much in the "want to hear the old stuff" camp. Saw them in the o2 for the first time this year, loved it but would have preferred a more "greatest hits" type show or at least a bit of something from the older albums as opposed to just a small handful.

This quote from Steve Harris makes me REALLY want to go: “We intend to take the full stadium show into the UK arenas and fit everything we possibly can into each venue. The set list will be different to this year’s tour. Of course we will play more songs from the new album and some other recent material, but we intend to include a healthy dose of older fan favourites too for those who haven’t seen us before, plus a spectacular light show and stage set, not forgetting, of course, …Eddie!”

Don't go to the gig expecting a shedload of old Maiden hits after reading that, i can see more or less same set list as was in earlier part of the tour with an extra 2/3 Final Frontier album tracks thrown in. They played 2hrs on that tour so some older songs will have to make way for these 2/3 newer one's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't go to the gig expecting a shedload of old Maiden hits after reading that, i can see more or less same set list as was in earlier part of the tour with an extra 2/3 Final Frontier album tracks thrown in. They played 2hrs on that tour so some older songs will have to make way for these 2/3 newer one's.

The new album is pretty good though, no complaints with that. But even if there not playing run to the hills/the trooper They'll probably throw in Aces high or The evil that men do hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

No Dublin dates yet then?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    No Dublin dates yet then?

Won't do Dublin this time around.

As for the setlist, they cant constantly play all the hits. The two songs I'd primarily want to hear are probably too long to play in same set, Pachendale and For the Greater Good of God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The new album is pretty good though, no complaints with that. But even if there not playing run to the hills/the trooper They'll probably throw in Aces high or The evil that men do hopefully.

I just hope they drop Wrathchild from the set. Every bloody tour play it. Are they not sick of it yet? There are at least 5 or 6 much better songs from Killers they could play if they feel the need to play something from that era.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BJR

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Ticket got for Belfast. Woooo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Think i'm going to have to let this one slide for a while after hearing that Rush are probably coming. Hopefully it won't sell out and I can grab a ticket later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

yeah same as me .... if there are tix available in the New Year I'll pick one up then ... Rush and Xmas are priorities.

Any rumours on support bands?

*** CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Setlist from the opening night of the Final Frontier 2011 World Tour in Moscow on Fri night ....

Im pretty happy with that if/when that turns out to be the same setlist they'll play in Belfast ... delighted with one particular tune from Powerslave making the setlist :D:cool:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2011/olympiski-moscow-russia-bd231fa.html

Any rumours on support bands?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is so funny, they're gonna go down like a fart in an Astronaut Suit

Support Band is
    DRAGONFORCE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Got tickets.

Can't WAIT !!!

:D:D:D \m/

I can't believe they're support...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

scudzilla wrote: »

Support Band is
    DRAGONFORCE

Have they even got a new singer yet?

I seen them a couple years ago in a small enough venue and they were great fun, but I'd say that they are only like that in a small venue. They would be lost in a huge venue and sound terrible (more than usual anyway).

• Advertisement

Dragonforce are only doing the final 2 nights of tour in Belfast & London.

Airbourne & Trivium are doing the rest if the tour.

Be interesting to see if Maiden's management stop yer man from climbing the rig as i know they're pretty tight when it comes to things like that.

1 slip and the Maiden gig will be off, a chance Rod Smallwood will not want to take

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Airbourne are defo gonna be supporting Maiden ya?

Airbourne are defo gonna be supporting Maiden ya?

Not in Belfast ..... Belfast support will be Dragonforce :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

RayCon wrote: »
    Not in Belfast ..... Belfast support will be Dragonforce :rolleyes:

Thats fcukin horse****. Pussyforce more like. Cant stand that band

Pussyforce :D I'm going to the second London show, we get Trivium there which is cool enough I guess. Better than Dragonforce. Do people reckon Rise to remain will be added to the bill closer to July?

Advertisement