Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi S3

Options
  • 11-11-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi

Couple of things looking for advice on.

Finally got an S3 after years of waiting. The subsequent debt and 300% increase in petrol costs are worth it ;) And the double insurance price!

Everyting is fine on it except two things:

1) the driver side door sensor seems to be broken when it feels like it, and then not on other days. Is my only option to buy a new one and have it fitted? Presumably Audi would charge me through the nose.

2) One of my chubbied fingered friends has broken the clip on the passenger seat to bring it forward. glueing myself won't work as there is not enough left of the handle part to glue onto. again, wondering if anyone has seen this before and how they went about getting a fix, and a likely cost?

Many thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

mk1 or 2 s3?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Congrats and well wear,right time of year to by an S3 too.
    Hi
    1) the driver side door sensor seems to be broken when it feels like it, and then not on other days. Is my only option to buy a new one and have it fitted? Presumably Audi would charge me through the nose.

I presume it's a mk1 S3 so? as in the 1.8T,door locks are a problem on all the cars based on the mk4 golf platform,the sensor is in the actual lock itself,better off waiting till it fails totally and replacing it.If you are good at soldering there are plenty of DIY guides on the net on how to repair them.

The only major down side to the door sensor failing is that the car won't know the door is open so say you unlock it and put the key in the ignition (but do not start it) then shut the door to go back and get something from the house etc the car would lock itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭stuckinarut

Warranty? If only it were new!! :p

I wouldnt be the greatest soldering so dont think i want to ruin anything on it yet!

for now its not a huge problem, just a slight nuisance..

Its a mk1, 2001 registered..

I bought the car privately from a guy who had just imported it from England hence no warranty..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I bought the car privately from a guy who had just imported it from England hence no warranty..

do you mind me asking what you paid for it?
    just want to judge it against my S3 that i sold last month.

CIMG0046.jpg

ps - any pictures of yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Warranty? If only it were new!! :p

I wouldnt be the greatest soldering so dont think i want to ruin anything on it yet!

for now its not a huge problem, just a slight nuisance..

Its a mk1, 2001 registered..

Sign up to audi-sport.net great forum and source of knowledge for Audi cars.

kceire,

I paid €7500 for it. 68k miles (checked) on the clock.
    Full black leather interior..
    Not the original wheels though, has oz replicas on it at the moment, but wouldnt mind getting my hands on a set of originals.
    No pictures on my phone or anywhere yet, ill try get one up soon..

On another little problem note, the radio signal seems to be very weak.. Im starting to get a little bored of the 6 cd's on rotation :D
    I have fitted a booster in behind the head unit, and while it made a little difference, sometimes still get distortion.. Anything else i can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

sounds nice!! the seats in them are very comfy!!

Advertisement