Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv provider

Options
  • 11-11-2010 1:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭

anyone know of any other tv provider available out in moylough/mountbellew area. upc arent available and sky are just difficult to deal with

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

RTE??

Is it another content provider you want or a private individual that will install a sky dish or freeview for you?

Satellite is your only option bar the bunnies ears. RTE are broadcasting Digital Terrestrial TV at the moment, have it here in Athenry but you need a TV or set top box to receive it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you can get a good internet connection (7mb) and can live without live sports the internet is the best provider. It takes a bit of research to find the right sites, but you can use sites like RTE, C4 and blinkbox free however the quality isn't the best for the best quality you have to go full blown pirate content.

I wouldn't rate Sky at all, you have to pay to watch more ads and they'll rip you off at every turn. I know plenty of people that have been overcharged and Sky have no way of giving you the money back only giving you credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

SKY+ costs me €28 euros a month, and I have all the channels I want. It's the sports and movies options that ramp up the price to 60-70 yoyo's a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

anyone know of any other tv provider available out in moylough/mountbellew area. upc arent available and sky are just difficult to deal with

Try a Freesat system. It's all the UK stuff for free and the picture quality is excellent but you'll still need to get the Irish channels through aerials. I got my decoder box from Satellite.ie and used a normal sky disk (no need to re-align the Sky dish either). Just unplug the Sky box, plug in the Freesat box and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Just heard there's a HD satellite kit in B&Q. Picks up the free HD stuff like BBC and you can plug an external hard drive into it, under €80.

• Advertisement
Advertisement