Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweden!

• 11-11-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey guys. I was researching on postgrad options for next September and came across studyinsweden.se, a website with lots of into on studying in Sweden. After looking through some masters and seeing a few I thought would be interesting, I realised they were free!

So, Sweden is meant to be a great place to live, their education is free and of a good standard, and the people there are hot.

Anyone with any experience of Sweden care to confirm if I am right, or if there are drawbacks I should know of? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Hey guys. I was researching on postgrad options for next September and came across studyinsweden.se, a website with lots of into on studying in Sweden. After looking through some masters and seeing a few I thought would be interesting, I realised they were free!

So, Sweden is meant to be a great place to live, their education is free and of a good standard, and the people there are hot.

Anyone with any experience of Sweden care to confirm if I am right, or if there are drawbacks I should know of? :D
    This is pretty much correct, KTH does masters courses in english aswell. Fees are being implemented soonish though but for EU it should be little to none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭stooge

know nothing of the course. Depending on where you will be based, Sweden can be great. Stockholm obviously is the place to be, followed by Gothenburg. Its a very expensive country especially if yorue a student. However, it makes up for this with excellent facilities, great healthcare and lots to do. Cold winters and hot summers as you know. Would recommend it as a place to live and work, or for a family, maybe not as a place to study due to the cost. However, as you mention the hot 'people' may just sway you.

p.s was about to say that it is very like germany, then I looked at your location. IMO, having lived in both countries, Sweden is probably better as a whole, but munich would be the best city to live in. (if that makes sense!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PML84

I am strongly thinking of moving/working to Sweden as it is one of the best countries for my line of work (renewable/sustainable energy). Is there any info/pointers/advice people can give me, I haven't starting doing any proper research yet so any is good. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Bad Chemicals

Hello, I know this is very old, but if PML84 or markphillips are still around, did either of you move to Sweden? How did you find it? I'm graduating from my physics degree next year (2015) and also looking at Swedish postgrad courses. markphillips did you attempt to find a job, and if so, was it challenging?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Hi

Old markphillips account here - I did indeed. I spent a year there doing my Masters. Had a great time, the standard of education was very good and facilities were great. Finding a job would depend on where you are based - if you are in Stockholm it should be okay to get work, but elsewhere will be more challenging without some Swedish.

I ended up not looking as I didn't need it. I took out a loan - nothing major - and saved a bit beforehand. That got me through the year. I have to say, apart from nights out, Sweden wasn't as expensive as I had expected. There were good quality but reasonable accommodation for students, shopping wasn't noticeably more than here etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Bad Chemicals

Thanks gawker! That's good to hear about the standard of education. I may have to think about learning Swedish...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 evachristie

Hi, I know this post is from a long time ago, but I am also looking to do my masters in Sweden, I wish to do primary school teaching, does anyone who moved to Sweden for college have any advice on what college may have a course that would suit? I cant find anything out from google

Advertisement