Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians meet up UCC (Cork) November 16th 7.30pm. Find Band Members!

Options
  • 11-11-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello People

UCC Live Music Society is having a Open Night for anyone interested in playing music in Cork. Whether your a musician looking for a band, a band
    looking for members or a band looking to play with the LMS come along and make yourself known.

Its also for people to find someone to jam with or for bands to meet
    other bands to play gigs with. Come along for a chat, a bit of banter,
    a bit of free food and some music.

(For bands looking to play with us bring a cd of your stuff if you can
    and make yourself known.)

Open to anyone not just UCC students

Location is Elec Eng building L1, College Road UCC. 7.30pm November 16th.
    postermusiciansmeetup3.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

that's kind of neat, will probably work better than what I was trying to set up. is this going to be a regular thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 UCC LMS

What were you trying to organise?

It's something that we would like to organise on a somewhat regular basis, depending of course on the demand for it and how the event goes.
    We decided to run with it from many people emailing us asking how to get involved in bands and we think it's something that should have been done long ago.
    So far the reception has been good and I don't see a reason why this event cannot be a big success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Ah, a sort of jammy night for local Cork musicians. Didn't exactly go too well, personality clash I'd say. You need a neutral venue.

I really want to be in a band but what I want to do is a little specific or obscure for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Any idea what the age range is or more specifically is it going to be mostly students?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭busttropical

saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 UCC LMS

Malice_ wrote: »
    Any idea what the age range is or more specifically is it going to be mostly students?

We've advertised it around Cork as much we can and stated that it's not just for students so we hope that there will be a good mix and not just students.

We've have a lot of emails and interest about it so we hope those interested are coming in which case it should work out well.

We'd only be guessing if we were to give an age range but since it's on college it's likely that a lot will be between 18-24.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thanks for the update. I'm not sure if I'll make it as I've indoor soccer the same night but I'll do my best to pop in.

Advertisement