Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work "closed down" but still open

Options
  • 11-11-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been let go, I was told the business was closing down, supposed to close at the end of last week. I live about 2 hours away from the office and I now find out that they have not closed down! Have I been duped?

I was let go because it was closing down, where do I stand? No one was hired to do my job but the work was just spread out to other employees. Should I not still have my job?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

There are a number of criteria for making people redundant but I would have thought the employer was obliged to give you the correct reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

How long were you employed by them ??

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭persie11

CFC1969 wrote: »
    How long were you employed by them ??

just shy of 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

As you were over 1 year employed, and not on probation your company cannot simply release you without reason.

Did you sign anything stating you accepted leaving company ???

Speak to Industrial relations Lawyer on

http://www.flac.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭persie11

CFC1969 wrote: »
    As you were over 1 year employed, and not on probation your company cannot simply release you without reason.

Did you sign anything stating you accepted leaving company ???

Speak to Industrial relations Lawyer on

http://www.flac.ie

I signed nothing but got all my money and paperwork.

I'll talk to them tomorro,

thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement