Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on renting gaming server

• 11-11-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Im on the look out for a server for call of duty 1 but not a game server as i need control. I want to host a website and aswell as the servers and I also need access to ports. Anybody know of cheap european host?
    Unlimited bandwidth would be super!
    Ive no experience but im a tech savy gut so not affraid of a learnig curve.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I use http://www.kimsufi.ie but don't expect much help from their support unless it's something like a hardware failure.

Other than that, they're pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Yeah i narrowed it down to those but 500E/yr :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Boskonay

Does it need to be dedicated? There are cloud options that might do the job too...

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Forgive my ignorance but im a programmer not a networking wizard...Idk what I need tbh :P I need to have access to the ports to close the one I want and to have reasonable hardware and connection speed. Like I said earlier unlimited bandwidth would be super. I assumed I'd need a dedi to have the freedom I needed but im open to suggestions? I'll give cloud options a quick google :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Have a look at VPS's so but make sure you get one that has the processing power and memory needed to run the game server.

• Advertisement
Advertisement