Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed build

Options
  • 11-11-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi
    Usual proposed build thread.
    Does anyone see any compatibility issues with any of this?
    Will be used for mainly music production, some graphics, programming – no gaming!
    I already have a delta 1010lt for the audio so I’m happy to keep with that. Hope to run windows 7 on it.
    Thanks for any feedback
    pat
    pc.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i'd wait for the more nerdier of us arrive ;) but i can give you a few tips
    3 of your items are totally out of stock and 2 others are due shortly so if you want to order now i would choose different parts
    you can get cheaper memory that will do the same thing
    there are cheaper motherboards such as the UD3 which give the same performance you are looking for
    you can get a 2tb for not much more if you are going to be storing a lot of audio files
    I take it you are planning to have 2 monitors set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

personally id spend a bit more on a better case. they sell define r3's on there which come pre sound dampened and you could throw in a few superqiet noctua fans. also a couple of quid extra on a better optical drive wouldnt go amiss imo. i tend to stick with lg. id go for a cheaper mobo (i got myself an asus p6x58d-e and i7-930 bundle on dabs.ie), and maybe one of those 23" led lg monitors for around 210 i think. not sure on how great they are for video but if youre using it for music production that wont matter much. i built my setp for some music production too but i also intend on gaming on it.

Advertisement