Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Windows Mobile 6.5 and messaging

Options
  • 11-11-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

A while ago I got a HTC Touch Pro 2 with Windows Mobile 6.5 ( 5.2.21854 ) from work. If I go into Email or SMS, a quick swipe to the left or right will bring up the other option ( i.e., if I'm in SMS and I swipe to the left, it'll bring up Email, and if I swipe again, it'll bring up SMS again ). It does this, I assume, because it treats both Email and SMS as 'Messaging', and if I go into the Messaging Options I can see both SMS / MMS and Outlook Email listed as accounts.

However, I've just got another HTC Touch Pro 2 that a colleague is going to use. It's running Windows Mobile 6.5 ( 5.2.21887 ). When I go into Messaging on this phone, it only has Email, and a swipe left or right does nothing. If I go into Messaging Options it doesn't have SMS / MMS listed as an account. I can get into SMS by going to the Start Button, and then Messages, but not through Messaging.

Is this some feature that's been introduced with the slightly newer version of Windows Mobile 6.5, or is it something I can conifgure? 'Cos it's very annoying to have to go to Messaging for Email but Messages for Texts, and there's no easy way to get from one to the other! I can't even see how to get 'Messages' onto the home screen ( without using HTC Sense, which will confuse the hell out of the user ).

Thanks in advance...

J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Did you try to check for newer ROM ? Like an update for phone software?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭jasonb

Finally managed to check the ROM on both handsets today, and yes, the newer HTC Touch Pro 2 has a newer version of ROM ( 2.07.401.1 ( 80303 )) than my handset ( 1.86.401.0 ( 67102 )).

So I guess I need to try to find out if this feature is because of the newer ROM or the newer Windows OS...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

you can check on htc website. You just enter the IMEI of the handset and it shows you the available software updates depending on carrier. Usually if its a factory phone theres no problem. o2 usually gives **** updates and tends to bring them out slowly. I got pissed of with that and just put HSPL on my phone and install a custom rom

Advertisement