Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Magazines For Sale - Opinions needed

• 11-11-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am currently moving house and my partner has finally noticed my extensive movie magazine collection (I think she blocked it out before), over 10 years worth of perfect quality copies of Empire, Total film and assorted other publications, SFX, Hotdog etc. I do have a hoarding problem but she may have a point in that I dont need these!!

I want to try prove her wrong in showing that it was not a wasted passion.. anyone know of how to value these? or of anyone that would pay some sort of cash to have them??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Guaranteed to be someone out there who would want them. I'd suggest trying adverts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Im looking for the Empire, 'Miss Congeniality' on the cover. Its a disgrace it didnt get the oscar.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just make sure whoever wants them is willing to collect as mags weight a lot and An post will hammer the buyer for postage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Wow, 10 years of mags.. thats a small forest right there.. :D

I second Mike65 here, whoever is buying these will need a van and be willing to go to your place to collect..

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

ha, yes, quite a sizeable forest!

I agree I'd def have to sort delivery somehow....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

I had a similar problem to you a few years ago; tons of music mag's stretching back over 10yrs (NME, Melody Maker, Q, Select, Hot Press etc). Had to get rid of 'em because of lack of storage space. Broke my heart to do it coz they contained loadsa memories of my mis spent youth. However, I could'nt find a buyer or taker. I ended up keeping the end of year issues & donating the rest to a recycling skip!

It's gonna be hard to find a buyer for the lot so I'd recommend holding onto end of yr issues or special editions & try to flog em on e-bay. Notwithstanding this, you could try one of the magazine collectors in the UK, however, the issue of delivery/postage could prove to be a major stumbling block. Best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Buy a scanner.

Advertisement