Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb (possibly port blocking?)

• 11-11-2010 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Digiweb are possibly blocking some of the ports required to play Fifa 11 online on the ps3?
    On my Ps3, I have a Nat 2 connection type.
    I opened all the relevant ports on the router and have UPnP enabled.
    For Call of Duty, my connection type is 'OPEN' which of course is good and I have no issues at all. But for Fifa 2011, its 'restrictive' and I havent once been able to connect to my mates yet.

I dont believe there is anything else I can do as I opened the ports on the router so I'm thinking maybe its something on the ISP's side?

thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Tiesto wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Digiweb are possibly blocking some of the ports required to play Fifa 11 online on the ps3?
    On my Ps3, I have a Nat 2 connection type.
    I opened all the relevant ports on the router and have UPnP enabled.
    For Call of Duty, my connection type is 'OPEN' which of course is good and I have no issues at all. But for Fifa 2011, its 'restrictive' and I havent once been able to connect to my mates yet.

I dont believe there is anything else I can do as I opened the ports on the router so I'm thinking maybe its something on the ISP's side?

thanks for reading

Try not to take this the wrong way, but are you sure you know what you are doing with the router? It's ether open ports OR enable uPNP, not usually both.

I've never heard of Digiweb blocking ports. Chances are that your router config is iffy. Try deleting the open ports in your config and just leaving upnp enabled.

If that doesn't work, disable upnp and forward the needed ports [I don't know which ones] to the IP address of your PS3.

However, I've never had to open ports and I play many online PS3 games. However, I DO only have uPNP enabled. It just works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Digiweb don't block ports like that. It'll be a router config problem. If you're not using it for anything else, placing the PS3 in the router's DMZ - if there's an option for that - will probably sort out any connectivity problems you might have.

Moriarty wrote: »
    Digiweb don't block ports like that. It'll be a router config problem. If you're not using it for anything else, placing the PS3 in the router's DMZ - if there's an option for that - will probably sort out any connectivity problems you might have.

Good as a connectivity test but not if he wants to talk to devices on the LAN [streaming etc].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

I wont take it the wrong way at all. You just fixed it for me thanks v much.
    I removed all the port forwarding I had setup and just enabled UPNP, and ever since that, I havent failed to connect to my friend on Fifa.

Thanks again!

RangeR wrote: »
    Try not to take this the wrong way, but are you sure you know what you are doing with the router? It's ether open ports OR enable uPNP, not usually both.

I've never heard of Digiweb blocking ports. Chances are that your router config is iffy. Try deleting the open ports in your config and just leaving upnp enabled.

If that doesn't work, disable upnp and forward the needed ports [I don't know which ones] to the IP address of your PS3.

However, I've never had to open ports and I play many online PS3 games. However, I DO only have uPNP enabled. It just works.

Nice one. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

I always love a happy ending. :)

I always love a happy ending. :)

*chuckle*

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VipX1

Moriarty wrote: »

I got my Digiweb Satellite connection today and all the inbound services that worked fine on my O2 dongle will not work on the Digiweb. I talked to there support goons and they say that too "Digiweb don't block ports like that" but they also say "No inbound traffic allowed on Digiweb Satellite broadband".
    Well, call it what you like.
    I'll call it PORT BLOCKING!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This thread is not about satellite broadband. Satellite connections cannot be compared in even a small way with the likes of DSL or fixed wireless, nor is it the same as, or comparable to, your O2 3G Internet connection.

Also, since this thread is to years old and irrelevant, it is closed. Don't drag up old and/or unrelated threads in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement