Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lowenbrau Beer

Options
  • 11-11-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of an off licence that sells Lowenbrau

I want to pick some up for someone tomorrow, I know drinkstore.ie do it but its miles out of my way.

Any other replies would be appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

OK, so we've ruled out DrinkStore. Shall we just name other off licences and you can reply with whether you're near them or not? Or would you like to tell us where you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

:) hahaah sorry

Looking for any off licence that someone has seen it for sale in the last few days.
    Any in the city centre

I want to buy a few as a present to a fellow beer lover as a present for his bday tomorrow

I can't help with specifics, but any of the green pins on this map would be the places I'd hit if I was looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭donaghs

Saw it in Redmonds, Ranelagh only this week. Some sort of Oktoberfest "deal" alongside some other German beers. Didn't look cheap to me though, i.e. about more than €2.50 per 500ml bottle.

Perfect - thanks both of you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

a bit off topic but its a very popular on any of the greek islands i have being on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Strange it is not more popular here. I remember going to the munich beer fest and it seemed to be as big as guinness is over here, while not much of a sign of becks at all.

I love the stuff, I remember it was on offer for £1 a can a good 15-17years ago or so (when £1/€1.27 was pretty much the cheapest can you would ever see). My mate got loads in for christmas, a good few people went back to his house for a drink and out comes the Lowenbrau, almost all of them turned their noses up at it when they found out it was £1 a can, since if it was cheaper than budweiser it must be cheap crap :rolleyes: -you can't beat the auld marketing suckers logic.

rubadub wrote: »
    while not much of a sign of becks at all.
    Beck's is German. They wouldn't touch that foreign muck in Bavaria :D

Just to add, (thanks again for the replies so far)

I picked some up in McHugh's Off Licence in Kilbarrack - they have them always in stock.

Thanks again to BeerNut for the link which was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

BeerNut wrote: »
    Beck's is German. They wouldn't touch that foreign muck in Bavaria :D
    they are all owned by inBev now!
    So Belgian?

the positive of it...
    the commercial clout of inBev has disloged the previous muck served on German intercity trains and now is replaced by Franziskaner weissbier (same brewery as Löwenbrau/ Spaten) and the not-so-ear-waxy-tasting-for-a-pilsner Becks.

Strangely, I find Löwenbrau in Cans/ Bottles not great, but on tap its 100%.
    Still, its better than most crap you'd get in the supermarkets though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement