Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!!Gas Attack!!

• 11-11-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea what.... got into collie yesterday.... She barked half the afternoon, and the gas!

Never smelled anything like it in all my long life.

Had to put her in the hall with the door wide open and even then the whole house stank.

Up the stairs the evil gas crept.. PHEW!:rolleyes: No escape anywhere....

It was certainly nothing we gave her so clearly she had found something very dead and very tasty outside.

But oh my! OH MY!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

ha, the joys of doggie ownership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

My old boxer can clear a room in seconds hehe,its so gross:)but I love him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I often don't know if it's my husband or the dog. They blame each other. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Maybe the barking was her trying to warn you - "leave before you are suffocated, save yourselves!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Isn't it just as well we all love them loads :D

If my lot eat any form of beef the house becomes unlivable in :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

Our pug lets rotten ones altogether. He seems quite please with himself after them though and often has a good sniff of his behind after he has let one rip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭xnightwishx

Hi graces, I know this is off topic I haven't been on this in years and dunno if I can send private messages but i saw a post by you about your jack russell dog and her back legs. My dog just suddenly became paralysed when she jumped off the bed yesterday and the vet seems to think there is no hope for her. I've read a lot of american cases online and they all seem to do fine. i was wondering what you did with your dog and if she is ok now?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hi graces, I know this is off topic I haven't been on this in years and dunno if I can send private messages but i saw a post by you about your jack russell dog and her back legs. My dog just suddenly became paralysed when she jumped off the bed yesterday and the vet seems to think there is no hope for her. I've read a lot of american cases online and they all seem to do fine. i was wondering what you did with your dog and if she is ok now?

Ah that was the collie; like many it is arthritis and hip trouble. That episode passed and now she is stiff and clearly not totally comfortable but fine else. We started her on glucosamine and cod liver oil which we will restart now.

Yoru dog sounds like a trauma simply? Did the vet Xray? One vet once assured me that a cat I took to him after he had been stuck in a rabbit hole for three days and had been bitten on the jaw, clearly had leukemia as he was "haggard and thin" and would die soon and never eat again. He just did not listen..

Needless to say once the painkillers clicked in, cat wolfed food and lived many years in perfct health.

try a different vet. And wait? Time sorts many things.... Collie was in difficulties for some days then slowly it passed so maybe it was an injury with her. She is about 9 now and was so badly abused so we expect little and get much.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Maybe the barking was her trying to warn you - "leave before you are suffocated, save yourselves!" :D

:D I think the poor girl was simply very uncomfortable/in pain and that is why she was barking.. She probably lets off often but we tend to live with the door open so it had not been noticed until now. She has learned late in life to bury food and leave it to ... mature...and they both enjoy cattle droppings...well-manured dogs!

Advertisement