Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Bank Rapport Software

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I was interested to know this too
    wikipedia wrote:
    Rapport is lightweight security software designed to protect confidential data, such as account credentials, from being stolen by malicious software (malware) and via phishing. To achieve this goal, the software encrypts keystrokes from the keyboard to the browser and locks down the browser as well as communication. The software is compatible with Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X and can be downloaded free of charge. Financial institutions are also offering this software free with a view to making online banking safer for customers.
    Various banks are currently distributing the software to their customers via internet banking services. Banks promoting the software include HSBC, NatWest, The Royal Bank of Scotland, CIBC[1], Ulster Bank, First Direct, Santander, The Standard Bank of South Africa, BMO - Bank of Montreal[2].
    The software is compatible with the following browsers:
    Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Mozilla Firefox
    Google Chrome
    Apple Safari
    In May 2009, NatWest and The Royal Bank of Scotland were the first of the UK's High Street Banks to offer Rapport to its customers.
    In February 2010, HSBC followed suit offering free copies of Rapport to its customers.[3]

Sounds good to me, might give it a go. Im wondering about how much resources it uses though

Edit:
    60 seconds to install, includes an icon in the top right to show when its working/active.
    Uses 26'000k memory, which is about half of the resources google chrome is using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I tried to get feedback on this about 2yrs ago on AAM but no responce. I was wondering if it was just a tool that allowed the bank to gather more info about customer habits rather than protect them. Like to hear other views on this software.

Advertisement