Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question: Pool opening hours. Closed when exactly?

Options
  • 11-11-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I know its closed weekdays for an hour or two during the day, but i can't for the life of me remember when exactly that is. And i'm not in the mood to go walking thru the rain and wind to check it out at the moment :D anyone know?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Thanks to the wonder of the Internet and its little electrons (may they be forever blessed and worshipped), pool opening hours are listed here, where it's neither wet nor windy...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TheDenominator

While i do appreciate the response, i had already checked all over that site and can't find the info i'm looking for:

*Daytime restrictions may apply due to University requirements. Check 50m Pool link above for information.

at the moment the pool closes for about 2 hours on weekdays to accomodate P.E or something, and what i'm wondering is if anyone knows exactly what those hours are. like 3-5 or 4-6 or whatever. i don't want to race to the pool and discover i have to wit there for an hour before i can go for my swim. anybody have any ideas? i think it was in that lil arena timetable booklet they were handing out a while back, but i can't seem to find mine:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Try the leaflet as posted on the site you've already tried (it's here). Pages 22-23. That's the one they hand out (though it might be more useful if they included it on the main site as well). For more info, they include their email address (I'm sure Alan Ward keeps a handy copy & paste text for such enquiries).

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭brucechan

ULs pool is closed Mon 3-4pm, Tues 3-5pm, Wed 9-10am, Thurs 9-10am & 3-5pm, and Fri 3-5pm during the student semesters for the PE classes. It opens at 7am and closes at 10pm so theres loads of time to swim. I use it at weekends when I'm down in Limerick and at 7 euro its well worth it and you can have a steam or sauna included.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

brucechan wrote: »
    ULs pool is closed Mon 3-4pm, Tues 3-5pm, Wed 9-10am, Thurs 9-10am & 3-5pm, and Fri 3-5pm during the student semesters for the PE classes. It opens at 7am and closes at 10pm so theres loads of time to swim. I use it at weekends when I'm down in Limerick and at 7 euro its well worth it and you can have a steam or sauna included.

yup, what he said .... its prob obvious but its closed 3-5pm as well as 9-10 on both wed and thurs .... really frustrating at start of year coming down to pool and just these random times of closing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭brucechan

pablo, according to their web page they dont close on Weds at 3pm. :) Everything else seems right. Theyll probably open more while the students are on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

I never remember when its closed so that is annoying, but its only 2.20 euro for a swim with proof of student id and its not too bad. Think i'll get the membership for next semester though, allows you access to all the facilities in the arena and works out cheaper in the lng run

Advertisement