Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locating nearest sewer to our premises

Options
  • 11-11-2010 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I am currently trying to find out where the nearest sewer to our sports club is to find out if it is feasible to get connected to it. We are on the south fringe of the Fingal County Council catchment area beside the airport. I have contacted and visited Fingal County Council a number of times now and they have not been able to tell me whether there is a sewer in place near our premises or not!!

Can anyone tell me if there is another way to find this out?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

surely you have a doe/ni water type service company/public service you can contact for more information?

up north the ni water have detailed diagrams of where sewers and stopvalves etc. are located all over and stored on their computers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chip81

The council act on behalf of the department of environment so they are generally the point of contact on this but there record-keeping re:drawings etc. for our location has been poor and so they have not been able to inform me whether or not there is a sewer close by.

Does anyone know how I might identify the sewer from manholes situated at road level? Would there be specific markings on the manholes used for foul drainage?

Advertisement